Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
E500 Sport
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a C320 4matic and it seems to be a hell of a car.
A little background...
I bought an E500 Sport last November and sold it a few months ago. The kickdown acceleration was awsome as was the airmatic suspension and Harmon stereo.There were practical issues that made me sell such an exciting car:
-Not enough backseat leg room.
-Awful in the snow.
-Quality problems.
I ended up buying a ML350 for my wife and just leased the C320 4matic for myself. The thought was to have the truck for our family trips with my son and dog and the C for myself.

On the "C", I have the Silver Charcoal leather combo, Xenons, sunroof and CD Bose stereo. I have plenty of room upfront, the car is quiet, handles very well, the stereo hits the spot and the acceleration is good.
I think it is a very complete car.

Once the 2 year lease is up on this "C", I will seriously consider getting back to an E320 Sport. By that time the bugs should be worked out.

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
On the "C", I have the Silver Charcoal leather combo, Xenons, sunroof and CD Bose stereo. I have plenty of room upfront, the car is quiet, handles very well, the stereo hits the spot and the acceleration is good.
Sounds like we have similar cars, except that mine doesn't have the moonroof and is Bordeaux Red/Java. I share your thoughts on the car as well.

BTW, the E-class will be available with 4matic this fall, which would help to alleviate your concerns regarding snow performance. I'm assuming that you didn't swap to winter tires in your E500. Those would've made a considerable difference.

·
Registered
2001 W203 C240
79 Posts
I bought an E500 Sport last November and sold it a few months ago. The kickdown acceleration was awsome as was the airmatic suspension and Harmon stereo.There were practical issues that made me sell such an exciting car:
-Not enough backseat leg room.
-Awful in the snow.
So you have the ML to alleviate concerns of rear leg room I'm assuming, as replacing the E with a C for that reason doesn't make much sense [;)]

I agree with Drew... my C240 on all seasons were fine in the snow (I'd assume the heavier E500 would be even better without those fat summer rubbers), and worlds better with snow tires.. and my car's RWD too.

·
Registered
E500 Sport
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree, you don't change an incredible car like a E500 for a C320 for the one issue of ba...

I agree, you don't change an incredible car like a E500 for a C320 for the one issue of back seat leg room. But if you had the quality problems I had on this new model and heard about many other serious quality issues; if you found out the hard way about the cars drivability in foul weather and you were able to make a few thousand by getting out of the car, you might also take the safe way out: the C320 4matic for 2 years and a E320 Sport 4matic there after.

·
Registered
E500 Sport
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: Impressions on my new C320 4matic

Sounds like we have similar cars, except that mine doesn't have the moonroof and is Bordeaux Red/Java. I share your thoughts on the car as well.

BTW, the E-class will be available with 4matic this fall, which would help to alleviate your concerns regarding snow performance. I'm assuming that you didn't swap to winter tires in your E500. Those would've made a considerable difference.
Drew,
As I said to "Pokerface X", the drivability in the snow of my E500 sport was one of a number of reasons I sold the "E". The main issue was the quality issues I experienced and the many issues I heard about thru the "E" forum and most important thru Montvale. The "E" is an incredible car.It is one of the best looking cars on the road. I am seeing more E's on the road everyday. I was very surprised that I would have had quality issues with a new model from MB such as the airmatic system. I should have followed the cardinal rule of the Auto industry: wait a few years to have MB work out the quality issues on the "E". The sad part is, I assumed that MB would be different and it was not. I will wait 2 years and then I will get back to an E320 4matic sport.

·
Registered
2001 W203 C240
79 Posts
Re: I agree, you don't change an incredible car like a E500 for a C320 for the one issue of ba

I agree, you don't change an incredible car like a E500 for a C320 for the one issue of back seat leg room. But if you had the quality problems I had on this new model and heard about many other serious quality issues; if you found out the hard way about the cars drivability in foul weather and you were able to make a few thousand by getting out of the car, you might also take the safe way out: the C320 4matic for 2 years and a E320 Sport 4matic there after.

could be worse; my dad's 96 E320 (the first W210s) chewed through its 4-speed automatic transmission. we had it for 6 weeks.. four of those weeks were spent in the shop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts