Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
sl 320
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello: I will be moving from Luxembourg to Canada soon and would like to take my 1996 SL320 with me. Can anyone provide me with information about the legal procedures I must follow?[8D]

·
Registered
1990 560SEL
314 Posts
Importing

Unfortunately I think you might have some problems. Unless your Mercedes is built for the Canadian market, you probably won't be able to bring it in. The euro models don't meet Canada's often stupid and senseless bumper, headlight and emissions requirements. Only models that are more than fifteen years old can be brought in, since they count as collector cars.

I lived in Germany in the 1980s with my parents, and they had to sell their little BMW 518, since it wouldn't be allowed into Canada, and then bought a Canadian version of a Saab 900 Turbo, through diplomatic sales ( I think ).

If you are comming to Canada on a work visa/ or just visiting etc.. You can bring it in, as long as you take it with you when you leave the country. This is a website you should look at http://www.tc.gc.ca/roadsafety/importusa/impxus_e.htm

·
Registered
sl 320
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
W126fahrer

W126fahrer: Thanks for the information and pointing me in the right direction.

·
Registered
1990 560SEL
314 Posts
You're Welcome

You're welcome. If you don't mind, let me know what you end up doing with your SL320. I think they stopped selling the SL320s in 1995 here, and they are quite rare.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts