Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1991 560 SEL
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone checked into the possibility of importing a V-class into the US? What sort of red tape would this entail? IS the James Cook version of the Sprinter going to be available in the US?

·
Registered
300d, 409d
440 Posts
Someone must have imported a Vito since I saw one for sale on Ebay. I haven't heard anyth...

Someone must have imported a Vito since I saw one for sale on Ebay. I haven't heard anything about the James Cook version being imported but there is at least one converter producing motorhomes on the Sprinter chassis here in the USA. Do a Mercedes search on RVTrader and you will find quite a few listed.
I have a Trueblood conversion 409d that was imported in the mid 80's.

With Chrysler dealers selling Sprinters now, there ought to be a lot of new conversions available in the future.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Vito 220 CDI for sale in California

Hello,

I have a Vito 220 CDI 1999 with 120 Kilos and California titled for sale. It is the full leather with hydralic air suspension, diagnostic interface cable with CD and Lorinser 17" wheels. This is a 5 speed manual with 2.2 turbo diesel. Ski rails for the roof. Has all four leather seats and tow package. If anyone is interested please just email me or post any questions [email protected]

I will have pictures posted by the end of this week.

While I am here, does anyone think ebay would be a good option to sell this kind of vehicle? Thank you Ed

·
Registered
91 300SE
1,229 Posts
U still have it? I'm interested!

·
Registered
1999 G500, 1997 G300, 1986 300GD, 1983 280GE
316 Posts
RE: Vito 220 CDI for sale in California

How did this van get titled in California? This is a non US model vehicle and is supposed to be impossible to federalize in the US. I have been interested in bringing a Westfalia poptop conversion over and have only hit dead ends. Any info you may have on importing one would be very helpful.
Eric[:p]

·
Registered
1999 G500, 1997 G300, 1986 300GD, 1983 280GE
316 Posts
The Sprinter high top camper conversion is being marketed jointly by Daimler-Chrysler and Airstream. The sale are Airstream based. Check the Airstrem website for info on this camper, which is the euro Westfalia hightop conversion.[:)]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts