Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

Today I got confirmation from my Mercedes dealer, that all 2007 models will be with new design!
It's means with SLR nose. And copletely restyled.

From now on it'll be only 17months.

What should do customers who is willing to by a new Mercedes SL55 AMG?
I'm simple worried that after 1 year it'll be impossible to sell or exchange car for good value, no one going to buy it, because of the old shape.

I was planing to receive my SL55 on 27th Feb, but now I think to cancell the order.

What you can suggest?

·
Registered
2005 RENNtech SL600
195 Posts
No dealer that I have talked to can confirm this information. But, let me present the other side of this scenario for your amusement. What do you think will happen to the value of the 2003-2006 SL's if the new body style is not popular? Perhaps older models will sell at a premium! Anyway, you just can't hold off on purchasing a car like this in constant anticipation of the next body style change unless it is absolutely emminent! You will never buy an SL!! Further, the pre 2003 SL's are in fact still selling at would be considered "fair" book value, even in consideration of the "dramatic" body style changes of the 2003SLs. I believe you can be confident that a mere facelift will also not detract from your value or cause undue depreciation.

·
Registered
05 SL55, 04 ML500, ML63 on order 997TT launch car on order
158 Posts
Mark is right.
I have an SL55 coming in about the end of April, but I could put it off to July and get a 2006. I won’t do that because there will always be a newer model coming along, and if you want the latest and greatest model you will never be driving an SL. There are some rumors about a new V8 for the SL, and I think they are based upon the new modular V6 design in the SLK350. I think the real truth is that nobody knows what will happen for 2007.

·
Registered
SL 500 2003 former; E350 2007 former, C320 2005 Actual.
202 Posts
optuae - 2/21/2005 5:37 AM

Hi!

Today I got confirmation from my Mercedes dealer, that all 2007 models will be with new design!

I'm simple worried that after 1 year it'll be impossible to sell or exchange car for good value, no one going to buy it, because of the old shape.

I was planing to receive my SL55 on 27th Feb, but now I think to cancell the order.

What you can suggest?
Did you get a writen confirmation from your dealer of what you are posting here?

·
Registered
2004 SL500 2002 SLK320
1,672 Posts
optuae - 2/21/2005 4:37 AM

Hi!

What you can suggest?
A new design every 17 months? That does not give Mercedes enough time to work out the bugs. It would also kill the resale value.

·
Registered
SL 55
120 Posts
if u worry about a new design, then why do you buy cars in general. Cars change all the time. Sadly it "seems" that the SL 2007 according to people above this post that the hood is changing. And I honestly felt like throwing up haha I'm not even lieing I think it will look butt ugly. Don't worry about the long run and how cars change. If your really paranoid about that stuff.

Maybe lease the car? Then when a new car comes in you can change the lease to that car, and so on. Just a suggestion. I also have an H2 (purchased last year) and they've come out with the H3 which in my opinion is ugly, but everyones got there own opinion I bet 95% of you guys will saying I'm an idiot for driving one hahaha.

But in summary don't worry about changes in cars, and ESPICALLY if it makes the car look bad. It only makes the older ones look better [:D][:D]

hopefully that all made sense.

·
Registered
SL 55
120 Posts
oh ya i forgot, man get the SL55 on the feb 27th. You'll be so happy once you do :)
Don't even bother worrying about the new model. That is. unless you REALLY REALLY REALLY like the new model.

but i just think it doesn't fit the SL properly.
Sure the SLK is fine with it, and the SLR is fine with it cause SLK is small and rather thin, and well the SLR i guess just suits it but i really wouldn't like to have an SL with it on my hood. :)

get the sl55

·
Registered
2006 Vanquish S
400 Posts
I don't think so...they are full of it

No dealer has any idea of what is happening in 2007. At best, it is a guess.

Sorry optuae, but they are full of it.

If by some chance or luck they are correct, the model change could take place in Europe first and not even come to the United States until the following year.

Every car manufacturer does an incredible job of keeping this information confidential and they do not tell their dealers. It would destroy their business.

Sorry, but they are wrong or maybe by luck, right.

·
Registered
C55, 745Li, Elgrand
98 Posts
I think you will be better off with getting the SL now than later, especially Mercedes are change model more often than before. You can never catch up. And I don't think anyone will be able to confirm about Mercedes' design for 2007. I think there would be spy pictures before the dealers would even know about it. So don't worry too much about 2007, just get the car now.

·
Registered
A200 Turbo-C230K-S320 CDI-SL55-C63AMG
346 Posts
Yeah, and once the 2007 model comes out there will already be spy pics for the 2012 model!!

·
Registered
SL 500 2003 former; E350 2007 former, C320 2005 Actual.
202 Posts
The spyshots of Brenda Priddy are a trust surce for me, as far as I recall she always find pictures and the time confirmwhat she show. The web page autospies has her photos and for me that is a good surce. but the changes are not so different that the actual model.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts