Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

361 - 380 of 512 Posts

·
Premium Member
1999 E320 4Matic (Sold) 2002 E320 4Matic (Sold) 1997 Infinity QX 4 SUV 4x4 (Survival vehicle)
880 Posts
more favorable governor. for now.
Reasons he left New York are :
A. To try and avoid all the lawsuits. and
B. Pay less taxes.

He will do whatever it takes to keep his tax returns secret.

·
Registered
'71 280se 3.5 cab
6,929 Posts
when all of this comes out publicly the vox populi will change forcing the pubs to change

also this breaking investigation:

it now appears trump did some quid pro quo in Ukraine a year ealier-

Ukraine was investigating the soviet backed crook that ran the country and then was ousted by the revolution.

He fled to puti- you may recall ukrainians going thru the palace in awe of how he lived.

The new Ukraine govt. was closing in on manafort as a key player in the corruption.

This was when he resigned from the campaign. We all remember that.

It now appears trump knew there was much to come out about Manafort in the ukraine investigation.

Trump wanted the ukraine investigation on manafort shut down.

Heres how he likely did it-

The new president of ukrain hired a big pr firm to gain favor with trump for a personal visit, but it didn't work.

Trump sent rudi over to ukraine and 2 days after he left the investigation into manafort was shut down.

about 2 weeks later the new president was invited to the white house.

that appears to all be confirmed soon.

quid pro quo I and quid pro quo 2 about a year apart.

·
Registered
62,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #371

Exclusive: Overhaul of Ukraine prosecution agency buries Manafort inquiries - investigators

The reorganization, which includes fresh leadership for the agency and mandatory skills testing for prosecutors, represents an upheaval of Ukraine’s General Prosecutor’s Office (GPO), one of the most powerful bodies in the country, and one that has long been the target of criticism.

Zelenskiy, who came to power in May, has said the makeover is essential because the office is widely distrusted by Ukrainians and has been seen as a political tool for the well-connected to punish their enemies.

The overhaul, which began in October, comes amid widespread scrutiny of the agency following efforts by Trump and his personal attorney, Rudy Giuliani, to get Ukraine to open an investigation into the Republican president’s political rival - Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden - and his son Hunter, who served on the board of a Ukrainian gas company.

Plans to shake up the GPO played a role in a July 25 phone call between Zelenskiy and Trump that is now at the heart of the impeachment inquiry into the U.S. president. On that call, Zelenskiy told Trump he was installing a new head at the agency who would be “100% my person, my candidate” and who “will look into the situation” regarding the Bidens.

·
Premium Member
1999 E320 4Matic (Sold) 2002 E320 4Matic (Sold) 1997 Infinity QX 4 SUV 4x4 (Survival vehicle)
880 Posts
YES he probably will be Impeached. NO he will NOT be removed from office. In fact IF he is Impeached, AND removed from office, he MAY be eligible to be reelected for another 2 terms.
Probably not a good idea to get ahead of ourselves. Just sayin.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
As much as I'm enjoying watching President Nero twist in the wind, the fact is the Senate will never impeach Trump.

You either beat him at the polls
I can easily see a scenario where outside meddling in the 2020 election results in a democratic candidate winning.
It will be found to be easily proven which will result in a constitutional crisis. The Supreme Court will rule that trump shall stay in office until the DOJ, led by Bill Barr, "investigates".

Otherwise called "Presidential election, part 2"

·
Moderately subtle
94 E500, 97 500SL
12,108 Posts
As much as I'm enjoying watching President Nero twist in the wind, the fact is the Senate will never impeach Trump.

You either beat him at the polls or get prepared for another 4 years of this insanity.
The House impeaches, the Senate removes from office. Clinton was impeached, but not removed from office.
I still think it would be a good move by the GOP to present the articles of impeachment themselves, since the Dems are more interested in politics than in doing their duty. I also think it would be a good move for the GOP to kick DJT to the curb themselves, since they can't win anything with him.

·
Registered
62,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #377
Say good night, Rudy...

Lev Parnas, an associate of Rudy Giuliani who was indicted on campaign-finance charges, is now prepared to comply with requests for materials and testimony from Congress in the impeachment inquiry against President Trump. According to Reuters, Parnas aided Giuliani—Trump’s personal attorney—in digging up dirt on Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden. “We will honor and not avoid the committee’s requests to the extent they are legally proper, while scrupulously protecting Mr. Parnas’ privileges including that of the Fifth Amendment,” lawyer Joseph Bondy said, referring to his client’s right to avoid self-incrimination. Parnas denied a request from Congress last month to provide documents and testimony, with his lawyer John Dowd reportedly writing to lawmakers that the request was “overly broad and unduly burdensome.”

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Rand Paul at a Trump rally.??? Not sure his dad is going to be very happy about that. Kentucky.?
Isn't exposing a whistle blower against the law.???

On the other hand.

Grassley, who has authored whistleblower laws, has previously defended the anonymous process that protects federal whistleblowers from retaliation at work and physical threats

361 - 380 of 512 Posts