Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1996 E200 W210
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My immobilizer isn't working, my key doesn't lock or unlock the car. What could be some possible problems?
I changed the batteries of the key. No change.
The locks work fine, i can lock and unlock the car while inside by the dash button. Possibly inside the rear view mirror??? im not sure, I took the rear view mirror apart and it looked fine.

any suggestions?

·
Registered
E300TD 1997 W210 Running on WVO and a % of dino...
1,206 Posts
Look like the key is gone kaput?
Is there a red light on the key when you press it?

·
Banned
1999 E300 TD
2,045 Posts
I don't know about kaputski, however dismantling the mirror wont help because it is not apart of the central locking system. The good news is that you can actuate the lock from the dash. That means that either the door sensors are bad or the overhead control module is bad.

What happens when you place and actuate the key very close to the car door---Does it unlock???

·
Registered
1996 E200 W210
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When i press the button on the key, the light goes red, so that doesnt seem to have any problem? When i go close to the door it doesnt open anything. I have to manually open the door to get in, and to lock it is even worse... I have to lock it through the dash, then climb to the backseat and get out from the back. If I come out from the front, when I open the door, it opens up all doors again, so I must go through the back door.

·
Registered
1996 E200 W210
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No i meant the light on the key lights up, but nothing unlocks or locks, I have to lock it manually with the actual flip out key. Whether its from close or far, the car doesnt respond, the green or red light on the rear view mirror doesnt light up at all or anything.

·
Banned
1999 E300 TD
2,045 Posts
That being the case, like I said earlier, you have a sensor in each front door and one control module in the center upper portion.

Logically, I doubt that both door sensors would have gone out together, therefore I would look to the inside control module, but to test correctly you need MB or equal diagnostic software to confirm that. The central locking and extended vehicle network issues are not simple ones to diagnose without good diagnostic software. Good luck

·
Registered
E300TD 1997 W210 Running on WVO and a % of dino...
1,206 Posts
silly question, but how many key do you have?
if more then one, are they doing the same?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts