Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all,

I wonder if anyone might be able to help with my mum's SL which seems to be having a problem with the immobiliser.

Basically, she went to it and the battery was flat, so she had to unlock it with the key, setting the alarm off. She fiddled about with the key until it went off. Then they tried jump starting it.

All the lights lit up but when you turned the key there was nothing there. We wonder if it's something to do with the immobiliser but aren't entirely sure. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, and I don't know if it's related but the seat controls on the driver's side don't seem to be responding as it should. The car has been left out all summer and autumn - usually garaged - could it all be related?

Thanks again.
Nathan, and mum.

·
Registered
95 sl500, AMG - F/R Brakes, Exhaust, Wheels. RennTech - ECU, CF Airbox. H&R Sport Springs. K&N
1,028 Posts
If i remember correctly u are not supposed to jump these cars as it screws with the electrical system and some damage may be sustained.

Do a search for jump start u will find a bit on info. Might as well start there.

GOOD LUCK.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts