Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1995 W124 E320 Turbo Technics Twin Turbo
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all of you members out there I have an immaculate E500 up for sale. The car is located in the UK, however, with cheap shipping prices to the US from the UK it may be of interest to US based members, especially as the car is Left Hand Drive, as are all E500's.

So what can I say about this car...In a word its one of the best that I have seen and comes with full Mercedes Benz service history. Current mileage is 108,000 miles and its always been serviced right on time.

As you can see from the photo its silver. It has a black leather interior and is fitted with dark privacy glass alround, except the front screen.

In the UK all cars have to undergo a rigorous annual safety check by law and this car has just come through with flying colours and now has a 12 month certficate.

For anybody who is unfamiliar with the E500 history, they were manufactured under a joint venture between Mercedes and Porsche and were handbuilt over an 18 day period. The build quality on these cars is incredible.

They are fitted with the 5.0 M119 V8 which produces 326bhp and 354lb of torque.....this is still more than the current E500 +CL500 +S500's built today which produce 302bhp.

When buying an E500 there are two problem area's that effect the E500 and these are faulty engine wiring harnesses (due to the extreme temperatures in the engine bay) and automatic gearbox slippage. The danger with the wiring harness is that it causes faults in the ECU. Many owners just replace the harness and then suffer from ECU related problems. To safeguard against this, this car has had the wiring harnesses replaced when they broke down, and also had the coil packs+ leads and the ECU replaced with brand new Mercedes supplied parts....so in other words the repair was done correctly and thoroughly and the bill for this was not cheap!

It has also had a new gearbox fitted 30,000 miles ago. This was not due to slippage but due to a burst transmission oil pipe which dumped fluid and caused the box to overheat. The replacement box was again a brand new Mercedes item and not a rebuilt item. All work on this car has been undertaken by the same Mercedes main agent during the last 8 years that its has been in this country. Prior to that all servicing was undertaken by the same Mercedes main agent in Berlin.

The bodywork is immaculate and completely rust free and the interior is in equally good condition. Car has also just had two brand new rear tires fitted.

All in all this car has been meticulously looked after and must be one of the best E500's in the UK. I've seen some E500's selling for @ £14k which is unrealistic. I am looking to sell this car for @ £10,000 or near offers and I can deliver to anywhere in Europe or I can arrange shipping to the US/Canada.

As a driving experience these cars can be summed up in one word......awesome!

[:)]

Please contact me for further information if you are interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
1989 560SEL
2,110 Posts
two questions:

1) why are you selling?
2) anything that needs fixing?

thanks

·
Registered
1995 W124 E320 Turbo Technics Twin Turbo
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car is for sale as the sideline to my main business is selling rare and interesting Mercs....I've turned a hobby into a mini-business.

The only thing that needs doing to the car is to re-activate the alarm/immobilizor/central locking which was disconnected when the new ECU/wiring harnesses were installed.

Other than that, the car is 100% mechanically and if I'm being really picky, a small parking graze on the front spoiler needs to be painted, which I would get done if the car sells for the asking price. I would also get the car freshly serviced as it needs doing in 2000 miles and I would also get the alarm reactivated.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts