Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Vanquish S
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been gorgeous here the last few days. Mid 70's and perfectly blue skies.

We have been cruising the streets were her top down. She does look awfully sexy with her top down.

I think I am LovinSL600 again.

Phew, we got very close to a break up but we have reconciled. We're in love again. [:)] [8D] [:D]

·
Registered
SL500, CL55, E350, E320
3,205 Posts
so you gonna keep her after all? [8D]. To be honest, I have been considering getting another MB ... only found myself very afraid after reading your posts. [:(]

·
Registered
2006 Vanquish S
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lnguyenh - 3/9/2005 7:58 PM

so you gonna keep her after all? [8D]. To be honest, I have been considering getting another MB ... only found myself very afraid after reading your posts. [:(]
You know, the more I looked at the Continental GT the more I realized that car too has it's faults even though it is a great car.

Perfection does not exist in any car and maybe my expectations were too high. Fact is Mercedes needs to improve, no question about that, but my SL600, when weighing in all the facts, is just too hard to beat.

Driving in this gorgeous weather the last few days with the top down and having the power that car has gives you as good of a car experience anyone could ever hope to have.

Sometimes we just have to stop taking the problems with our cars too seriously and just let them resolve themselves in time.

Everyones support and help on these forums was also a great help.

Like I said in my original post, she just looked too sexy with her top down in this gorgeous weather to let her go. [:D]

·
Registered
443 Posts
LovinSL600 - 3/9/2005 7:27 PM

It has been gorgeous here the last few days. Mid 70's and perfectly blue skies.

We have been cruising the streets were her top down. She does look awfully sexy with her top down.

I think I am LovinSL600 again.

Phew, we got very close to a break up but we have reconciled. We're in love again. [:)] [8D] [:D]
WHEW! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
You would have made a BIG mistake selling her at a $50,000 loss. Im glad you are going to keep it. Im so jealous of your car. God what i'd do for a SL600!

[|)][;)]

·
Registered
443 Posts
Know you should take her out and get her something to make it up to her. Perhaps get her the Renntech upgrade [:p]

·
Registered
2006 Vanquish S
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BEnZ_BroTHeR - 3/10/2005 6:56 AM

now you should take her out and get her something to make it up to her. Perhaps get her the Renntech upgrade [:p]
She already has some major attitude but I had been thinking about that.

Problem is my Dealer says he will not honor the warranty if I do that and while RennTech gives you a wrranty, I am not sure that gives me enough comfort.

I can just imagine the first time there is something wrong with the engine. They will start blaming each other for sure.

Anyway, no final decision yet but I do have my concerns.

·
Registered
'98 BMW 540i 6-spd
124 Posts
Congratulations on taking the journey to discover... and arriving home. I'm sure it wasn't easy for you to question your original choice of the SL600 but in the process you answered some important questions you may have overlooked before and rediscovered some of the reasons why you picked the SL600 in the first place. Not bad at all!!

As for mods, if it were me I would likely just enjoy the car as-is for as long as possible before doing anything. That's why we have foreplay... [:D] ...it's the journey rather than the destination that makes it more fun. [:)]

·
Registered
2005 RENNtech SL600
195 Posts
Well Lovin, I'm happy for you!! Now as for the RENNtech upgrades, don't tell your dealer that you have done them!!! They can not tell and will never ask so... just do it! You can do it yourself, it's really simple. You can check out the instructions on their site and I'm sure you'll agree. A 12 year old could do it!! Now if you have any problems with either the ECU or TCU after the upgrades and it's something that falls under the RENNtech warrantee, then you just send the units to RENNtech for repair. If you take your car in for repair just make sure your dealer calls you "before" repairing or replacing anything. Then, if you get the call that your dealership is going to repair or replace either the TCU or the ECU, you can return it to RENNtech first for repair and if necessary, RENNtech will return the unit to original factory specs so that your dealer can return it to MB for replacement. RENNtech will do this for no charge! So, don't ask don't tell would seem to be the best policy here. Little risk, great reward!!!! But please, call them yourself and speak to someone regarding your concerns. I did and I was satisfied that they would be there for me if and when needed.

Mark

·
Registered
2004 SL500
42 Posts
Hey, Lovin'

Glad to hear you're keepin' her.

Although I do share your frustration...I've had a few "bugs" in my SL, but so far, my dealer has been able to fix all of them.

And I think you were absolutely correct when you said that there is no perfect vehicle. I share the same notion...I think *all* brands have their share of problems/bugs. I can think of several people I know that have had bugs with new vehicles (all different brands).

Anyway, glad you're in love again.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Even if there were a few bugs, thats nonsense to get rid of it. I think the only situation that i might get rid of it is if it got hit. I could not stand having a repaired $170,000 car! Would you get rid of it, if something did smack and it was getting fixed?

·
Registered
2006 Vanquish S
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BEnZ_BroTHeR - 3/10/2005 4:14 PM

Even if there were a few bugs, thats nonsense to get rid of it. I think the only situation that i might get rid of it is if it got hit. I could not stand having a repaired $170,000 car! Would you get rid of it, if something did smack and it was getting fixed?
I am with you. If the car got hit with any kind of real damage, the first call would be to the dealer to order a new one.

Believe it or not, if that happened, I would order the exact same color combination. I love my new colors. [:D]

·
Registered
443 Posts
Hey Lovin, you had the SL55 before the 600 right? What made ya want to get the 600? Did the SL55 have bugs too? And can ya take some new pics of your car? hehe, i think your pics are amazing, i was checking out the gallary of the R230 SL, and you have the best pic's out of all the folders! Get some new ones, always nice to look at :) and nice for my desktop, lol

·
Registered
2006 Vanquish S
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BEnZ_BroTHeR - 3/10/2005 9:04 PM

Hey Lovin, you had the SL55 before the 600 right? What made ya want to get the 600? Did the SL55 have bugs too? And can ya take some new pics of your car? hehe, i think your pics are amazing, i was checking out the gallary of the R230 SL, and you have the best pic's out of all the folders! Get some new ones, always nice to look at :) and nice for my desktop, lol
Hey BEnZ_BroTHeR, yes I did have a 2004 SL55 and also a 2003 SL500. Both cars were great and had no problems which is one of the reasons I got so frustrated with the problems I was having with my SL600. I usually get a new car every two years but didn't wait because I wanted the greater power with the SL55. When I got the SL55, I always knew I wanted the SL600 but wanted to try the SL55. It was a great car but I love the smoother, less firm ride of the SL600. I also like the exclusive leather of the SL600 over the AMG leather which is sportier.

Both are great cars but that SL600 power with the smoothness of the car is a combination I think is better than the SL55. That is my preference but I understand some like the stiffer ride of the SL55 and the greater feel of the road.

Thanks for the words on the pictures. It took forever to get the lighting right and then I had to use a picture editor to get rid of the glare on some of the pictures.

Glad you liked them.

·
Registered
SL 55
120 Posts
hey lovin just curious what was your previous job before you retired? if ya don't mind saying :)

and i'll say it again

THANK GOD you reconsidered letting that puppy go :)

·
Registered
05 SL55, 04 ML500, ML63 on order 997TT launch car on order
158 Posts
BEnZ_BroTHeR - 3/10/2005 9:56 AM

Know you should take her out and get her something to make it up to her. Perhaps get her the Renntech upgrade [:p]
Or at the very least, a paint massage.

Lovin, I’m glad to see that you are still with us, as you were a big help to me in January.
It looks like you may have been suffering from a little cabin fever yourself, with the rain and all. There’s nothing quite like a little sunshine and Benz therapy to make things right with the world.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts