Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Depends on the week
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deleted cat/resonator and piped straight to the factory rear box until I find a muffler that that doesn't look like a japanese fart can.

I'm expecting to read something about irresponsibility, etc etc. Well, this is how a CIS M104 sounds with a straight pipe straight to a factory rear box.

Allen

·
Registered
E320 s124 E320 w124 project
368 Posts
Very nice,I removed the cat`s on mine but was told it might be to noisy if I remove the middle box

·
Registered
Depends on the week
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Very nice,I removed the cat`s on mine but was told it might be to noisy if I remove the middle box
It's still pretty silent on the highway and daily driving but now there's nice deep rumble from all the way to 2900 rpm... then it just goes ballistic

what was the pop right before the could of smoke?

backfire. :D

·
Registered
E320 s124 E320 w124 project
368 Posts
It's still perfectly silent on the highway and daily driving but now there's nice deep rumble from all the way to 2900 rpm then it just goes ballistic and gives you the sound i've demonstrated
I`ll give it a try once I got the 3.6 in :thumbsup:

·
Registered
99-C43, 05-G55K, 71-280SL, 94-E320 CAB
2,282 Posts
With all due respect, perhaps it's the audio or my aging ear, but it sounds a bit "tinny", almost ricer at high RPM.

Try to get a silencer that will give you a deep "solid" note through out the RPM range.

M103-12V twin turbo with true 2-1/2" dual exhaust ( one down pipe per each three cylniders/turbo ). Twin Magnaflow spun metal hi flow cats, TurboTechnics middle and rear silencers.

·
Registered
money pits of various forms
5,885 Posts
No its tinny. Sound like a ricer fart can :D

I am going to do this as well with my car, with a diesel there is no tin :D

Anyone have recommendations on budget cans?

·
Registered
Depends on the week
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
With all due respect, perhaps it's the audio or my aging ear, but it sounds a bit "tinny", almost ricer at high RPM.

Try to get a silencer that will give you a deep "solid" note through out the RPM range.
oh i know what you mean but most of that is do in part to the camera having a bad mic. there's no denying there's a tinny noise when it gets up there, but it sounds more like a high strung m3 more than anything..would be a better experience in person, can't say the same for the vid there. i only got it up to 5k rpm before i let off because the wheel spin was pulling me off to the side a bit..

and that solid note is what i'm aiming for, there's a magnaflow back box floating somewhere around the internet that is what i'm putting on, for now, im going to take advantage of a relatively nice condition OEM back box. :thumbsup:

all in all its just a trashy/in your face exhaust note. :D

and your coupe sounds healthy!!

·
Registered
Depends on the week
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
No its tinny. Sound like a ricer fart can :D

I am going to do this as well with my car, with a diesel there is no tin :D

Anyone have recommendations on budget cans?
hey now, lets not go to far with that lol

do 3" piping straight back to an OBX (budget can) back box. my uncle has that set up on his diesel back in poland.

would never in a million years expect a diesel to sound be so throaty.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts