Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Im Gabe, Im retired military living in PA with my wife, 2.5 kids and a dog.
Im new to the Benz world, but not new to German cars. I am a massive VW head (Im not saying massive because Im fat!) Im a goof (look at my pic!) I love playing with cars, my wallet and fused spine dont!

I have two VWs now, 1983 4dr Jetta with a OBDI ABA 2.0 running Yamaha R1/Mikiuni 40mm carbs, coilovers, 15X8/8.5 BBS RMs. It looks like junk, but it is rock solid and a blast to drive, around town, highway driving is LOUD with a side exit exhaust!

My other VW is a 2002 337/25th Anniversry Edition I bought new and will never sell! It has all the basic MKIV 1.8T tricks + a K04 turbo.

Then there is my 190E . . . I got it for $400.00! For a reason :( it needs a motor and rust repair. I love it though! Ecodes, smoked corners, silly low (by PO) AMG trunk lip spoiler (not sure what its real name is!) header, cossie F/R seats/door cards, old MOMO Corse muffler, unknown wheels and a set of Centras. I had planned on getting it running, was told the motor was fine, minor rust repair and I would have a awesome daily. Wrong. Being an 84, seems to be one option for motor, 1984 2.3 only and the rust is worse then I thought when I bought it. The wife hates it, I love it and it taunts me with its stunning looks and thoughts of crusing to Miami Vice greatest hits EVERYTIME I look at it!

Thats about it, Im going to go troll the W201/190 forums now!

·
Outstanding Contributor Always Remembered RI
52,804 Posts
Welcome to Benzworld

1 - 2 of 2 Posts