Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
'83 300 GD
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next week is probably gonna be the happiest week of my short life... I'm getting an '83 MB 300GD! So, I thought that what would be a better way to get to know the positive and the negative sides of the vehicle, than to ask the professionals (that's you people)! I'm going to have a cruel transition, considering the fact that the car I'm driving now is an '87 Toyota Corolla :O

Just stopped by to say hi to all you fanatics out there! :)

· Registered
'94 G350TDL
306 Posts
Hi Corava, nice to have you with us. I drove a 1300cc Nissan March that may have different names abroad, but whatever the names are, G was really something different from the compact Japanese car. I am pretty sure you will experience the shock. My G is also diesel, but cannot comment on your model.

· Registered
2000 G500 NMLE
6,932 Posts
COrava - 1/19/2005 4:02 AM

Next week is probably gonna be the happiest week of my short life... I'm getting an '83 MB 300GD! So, I thought that what would be a better way to get to know the positive and the negative sides of the vehicle, than to ask the professionals (that's you people)! I'm going to have a cruel transition, considering the fact that the car I'm driving now is an '87 Toyota Corolla :O

Just stopped by to say hi to all you fanatics out there! :)
Welcome! I'm sure that you'll enjoy the ride. However, we are not professionals. "Enthusiasts" probably describes us better.

We look forward to your enthusiastic participation.

· Registered
280 GE / 1980
468 Posts
Welcome Coarva , whatever you may need information and assistance you will find it in this forum .

As you said below the transition will cruel , and the outcome will be most probably that you will never go back to car driving anymore .

You are going to use this vehicle as daily driver I assume .
The only negative I can think of is the speed is a bit slow + diesel noise . Personally I wouldn't mind .

Post a picture when you get your truck to introduce it to us , never get enough of Gs

ReGards ,

Shebl .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.