Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
G290 TD
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I found a new car for me[:)] Its a long G290 TD -00 Silver with Klima. I fly to Germany tomorrow for drive it home to Sweden. Im coming back with some pictures later..

·
Registered
2000 G500 NMLE
6,977 Posts
göran - 4/4/2005 5:52 AM

Today I found a new car for me[:)] Its a long G290 TD -00 Silver with Klima.
I would not have thought that you needed Klima in Sweden. Supplementary heating, yes; but Klima? [8)]

I look forward to seeing pictures![8D]

·
Registered
1980 LWB 280GE
3,504 Posts
Don't let him drive

By Klima do you mean the car comes equipped with Peter Klima - Some time Edmonton Oiler left winger? I wondered what he was doing these days.

I'm sure he has some great stories from the old days, but you'd better do the driving, he may have picked up some bad habbits this side of the pond.[:)]

-Dave (the ugly American) G.

·
Registered
1988 300 GD STT LWB
585 Posts
DUTCH - 4/4/2005 7:14 AM
I would not have thought that you needed Klima in Sweden. Supplementary heating, yes; but Klima? [8)]
Scandinavian girls are very hot mind you. Its auxillary cooling for his wife obviously.

It could also be the fact that Scandinavian summers can be very hot and damp...

·
Registered
'82 300GD TD (Sold), '02 G500, '09 B200
485 Posts
Yeah Oilers!!![:D]

But...no hockey[:(][V][:(]. Sorry, I had a sad moment.

Congrats on the new G, the 290GDT has always sounded like a great model to me.
Hot (warm) weather is different to different folks. It all relative just as cold is. My idea of cold weather I'm sure is much different than yours Dutch as your idea of hot is different from mine. Moreover, up here in the north, when the sun rises at 4:00 am in the summer, a greenhouse of a G gets mighty warm inside by the time one has to leave for work. Oh yeah, and don't all Swedes go to Spain every year?[;)] When I lived in Spain for one winter, I think I met more Scandinavians than Spaniards!

·
Registered
GD300 91
7 Posts
RE: Tjærand

Hot girls or not, my old 81 had an aircon unit that did not work initially, i did get working. My new 91 300GD also have an air con unit, that does not work. I have tried to dig into the system as far as I know it, but with no help. I cannot see that the compressor starts at all.

I suspect that there is a fuse in the el compartment inside the fuse box, this one is ok. Could it be low level of coolant media?

I should probably post a new topic, but it seemed such a natural branch from hot girls.
I assume there are a lot more knowledge about aircon in the US than in Norway.

Yes, we need it from time to time in Nrway as well and the summer is approaching.

·
Registered
G320
244 Posts
Checking A/C

I am sure that there are fuses that control the electrical portion of the a/c. There are also pressure limit switches which are designed to protect the compressor from running when insufficient freon is in the sysytem. Have a shop connect the proper pressure gauges to the system for presence or lack of freon. If the system is low on freon, have them evacuate the system and then refill it. The system should be checked with a gas detector for any leaks.

CaptnPete

1 - 8 of 8 Posts