Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

I'm back from a very exhausting but fun trip !!

1051 Views 4 Replies 0 Participants Last post by  HapaHaole
G
Wow this forum got big all of a sudden. This is great. I also like the new look, much easier to use.<br>Anyway back to topic.<p>Just got back from a long drive from Las Vegas in my CLK 430. This is the first time I was actually able to test the limits of my car and also use the A/C. I was driving at an average of 80 mph on highways and several times reached 140 mph for a couple of seconds. Got scared!! but the car felt steady as always. Weird thing was, I never even noticed it climb to that speed. If my wife didn't shout at me now and then, I would've stayed at that speed ). I even got the chance to go head to head with an M3. I was running about 80-90 mph and slowly was pulling right next to the M3. As I approached the side, the other driver gave me a thumbs up, and I returned the same to him. He gave me signals if maybe we could race so I agreed (wife was sleeping). We were equal from about 90-100 mph afterwhich, I gained a two-car length, slowly I was leaving him and that's when I slowed down again. We came side to side and gave me another thumbs up.<p>The moral of my story is not all BMW owners are pricks and the CLK is definitely a much more powerful car than the M3 with better looks to boot.<p>Congratulations to everyone who has one.<p>JohnCLK
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Glad you had fun! Where did you drive from to LV?

: Wow this forum got big all of a sudden. This is great. I also like the new look, much easier to use.<br>Anyway back to topic.<p>Just got back from a long drive from Las Vegas in my CLK 430. This is the first time I was actually able to test the limits of my car and also use the A/C. I was driving at an average of 80 mph on highways and several times reached 140 mph for a couple of seconds. Got scared!! but the car felt steady as always. Weird thing was, I never even noticed it climb to that speed. If my wife didn't shout at me now and then, I would've stayed at that speed ). I even got the chance to go head to head with an M3. I was running about 80-90 mph and slowly was pulling right next to the M3. As I approached the side, the other driver gave me a thumbs up, and I returned the same to him. He gave me signals if maybe we could race so I agreed (wife was sleeping). We were equal from about 90-100 mph afterwhich, I gained a two-car length, slowly I was leaving him and that's when I slowed down again. We came side to side and gave me another thumbs up.<p>The moral of my story is not all BMW owners are pricks and the CLK is definitely a much more powerful car than the M3 with better looks to boot.<p>Congratulations to everyone who has one.<p>JohnCLK<p>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome back John!! Good thing these cars are comfortable (not to wake up the wife...lol !!)

: Wow this forum got big all of a sudden. This is great. I also like the new look, much easier to use.<br>Anyway back to topic.<p>Just got back from a long drive from Las Vegas in my CLK 430. This is the first time I was actually able to test the limits of my car and also use the A/C. I was driving at an average of 80 mph on highways and several times reached 140 mph for a couple of seconds. Got scared!! but the car felt steady as always. Weird thing was, I never even noticed it climb to that speed. If my wife didn't shout at me now and then, I would've stayed at that speed ). I even got the chance to go head to head with an M3. I was running about 80-90 mph and slowly was pulling right next to the M3. As I approached the side, the other driver gave me a thumbs up, and I returned the same to him. He gave me signals if maybe we could race so I agreed (wife was sleeping). We were equal from about 90-100 mph afterwhich, I gained a two-car length, slowly I was leaving him and that's when I slowed down again. We came side to side and gave me another thumbs up.<p>The moral of my story is not all BMW owners are pricks and the CLK is definitely a much more powerful car than the M3 with better looks to boot.<p>Congratulations to everyone who has one.<p>JohnCLK<p>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Victor, Sacramento, California

: : Wow this forum got big all of a sudden. This is great. I also like the new look, much easier to use.<br>Anyway back to topic.<p>Just got back from a long drive from Las Vegas in my CLK 430. This is the first time I was actually able to test the limits of my car and also use the A/C. I was driving at an average of 80 mph on highways and several times reached 140 mph for a couple of seconds. Got scared!! but the car felt steady as always. Weird thing was, I never even noticed it climb to that speed. If my wife didn't shout at me now and then, I would've stayed at that speed ). I even got the chance to go head to head with an M3. I was running about 80-90 mph and slowly was pulling right next to the M3. As I approached the side, the other driver gave me a thumbs up, and I returned the same to him. He gave me signals if maybe we could race so I agreed (wife was sleeping). We were equal from about 90-100 mph afterwhich, I gained a two-car length, slowly I was leaving him and that's when I slowed down again. We came side to side and gave me another thumbs up.<p>The moral of my story is not all BMW owners are pricks and the CLK is definitely a much more powerful car than the M3 with better looks to boot.<p>Congratulations to everyone who has one.<p>JohnCLK<p><p>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you get yours At Von Housen Motors?

I just ordered my CLK430 in Silver / Ash their how have they treated you?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.