Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm afraid the new Benz are starting to look like Cryslers. <br>Not the E55, but the new 2 door 600, it looks like something those dolts in Detroit bolted together.<p><p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I disagree! MB has been making some very bold moves to change their image. Although there are some bads, I would say the overwhelming majority of the changes were good. <p>Keep in mind that all cars are starting to take some common cues from the times. Some are for subjective reasons such as roundness and curves. Others are functional such as larger headlight assemblies and bumpers. <p>I am quite confidant that MB (and Chrysler) would not be dumb enough to mis-manage their product identities. Especially in their overly competitive industry which is so image dependent.<p>Conversely, if you look at the more economy models, I would not be suprised if there are some similarities or leverage between the companies. As an econo shopper, distinct design and fit and finish are not at the top of my priorities. That's why there is such a big difference between a C230 and a CL55.<br>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts