1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 E320 4matic
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,
Just wanted to introduce myself.

I just picked up an 04 E320 4matic yesterday and obviously I'm excited and I'm sure I'll have several questions.

A little history.

The car is for my Wife (I'm drive a diesel truck).
Her last car was a 08 Infiniti g35 rear wheel drive.
We live just East of Lake Tahoe in a city at the base of the Sierra NV mtn range so we get snow but at 4500 elev it is usually melted in a day or 2 and the roads are dry as a bone.
I thought this was reason enough to buy her a rwd sportier car that would be fun to drive.

MISTAKE!!!!!!
The car was dangerous under these conditions, and I spent the last 2 years dropping my Wife off at my parents house on these snowy mornings so that she could borrow their ML to drive to work.

Well, the G35 was finally paid down to a point where I was even with the loan. I also wanted to get into a vehicle that I could pay cash for as at 34 years of age, I've finally realized just how expensive it is to borrow money and didn't want to put myself into a situation similar to where I was with the Infiniti loan (cough cough $680 mo hmm).

So after 2 weeks of hunting, I was able to make it work. Infiniti is out of my hands and paid off, big down payment, very small 3 year loan that I have a 6 month plan to pay off.

Wifey's in a 04 e320 4 matic with 70k miles, all service records from the local dealer, and a 10 for 10 condition on the inside and a 8 for 10 exterior.

·
Registered
2003 E320 - wife's car now; 07 Porsche Boxster S - my car!!
637 Posts
Welcome

dmkhnr,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your MB purchase. For future reference, put your year/model and location in your profile so people can help you should you ever have to ask questions. Good luck and enjoy the car!!

Regards,
paul...

·
Registered
2004 E320 4matic
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So far, there are 2 things that I'm after.

#1 Her Infiniti had an integrated ipod/iphone system where you could hook the phone in, and all the music was shown and shuffled through the lcd display also controlled through the steering wheel.
This car has a headphone jack in the glove box that works O.K. for now but Wifey wants something similar to the integrated system.
What are my options.

#2 The car has the 16" MBZ chrome wheels that are in perfect condition with brand new m/s tires. I want to keep this setup for winter use and get a nice set of summer 18"s. I'm thinking the AMG replica wheels, Is this sinful thinking or will I still be accepted rolling an awd 320 with AMG's?:thumbsup:
I've got time for this upgrade so my thoughts might completely change come summer.

·
Registered
2006 Merc E320 cdi
981 Posts
In 2004 your options were somewhat limited as to the fubnction of the phone, and other things so the aftermarket might be your best bet.. Now as for the rims and tires be sure to get the same size all the way around (rims and tires) because of the 4matic.

Welcome!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts