Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1987 560SEL, 1988 300E, 1989 300SE
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys!!
I never thought the day would come when I'd be willing to part with my dream-car, my 1987 560SEL. I don't want to sell it, but I've just found out that I have an auto-immune disease called HES. There are about $12,000 worth of tests and treatments that our insurance company has declined to pay for, thus the forced sale. Could some of you possibly give me an idea about what it's worth before I list it? It is a great running car, though it does idle slightly on the high side (probably just needs a new ICU). It only has @122,000 miles on it. Several years ago it was involved in a small fender bender and the insurance company decided that they would rather call it totaled than fix it. The owner at that time bought it back from the insurance company and had the dent fixed and repainted and then I bought it from him. There aren't any dents on the car and only minor scratches that look like they could be buffed out. Other than that, the car really looks and drives great. Any ideas on what it could be worth? I need to sell it ASAP, because I need the tests ASAP, so I can try to beat this thing. I decided that y'all would know more about what the car is worth. Thanks for your input.
JD:surrender:

·
Premium Member
1986 560SEC TT KS,1988 300CE,1990 560SEC 2nd GEN.KS.1990 560SEL AMG,1985 W126 [parts]
1,569 Posts
Sorry to hear about that.
Im no expert but a picture would help.Also more info about owners and documentation.
Good luck witht the sale.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts