Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello have a 2006 C230 Sport and I want to make some upgrades and "pimp out" my car.....First of should I make it for racing or should I just upgrade for show?

I was at autozone a while back and I ask someone their what they would put in the car if they wanted to race. They sugested a supercharger but they said leave ite after that....The car doesnt look like it can take turbo because there doesnt seem to be enough room in the engine and i also dont think i need intake or anything like that because the car already seems to have a direct airflow from the front. I also was thinking of adding Nos but I believe that would just ruin the car.

I also draged the car to see how fast it can go and do the quater mile it came out be like 18.23 seconds I'm no sure of those figures because the road that we were draging it on had a incline on it and the guy that was doing the time was a bit off....It was also the first time i draged it so I not very experienced..........But I do know that car does have great speed and can reach high speed with no problem.....top speed on my car that I did is about 135 mph.....not bad...lol..I still have yet to hit 160......but anyway...I believe my car has potentail and I would like help and advice on what I should do on it

I also one other question does anyone know how to change this cars oil?

below are some pictures of it

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

lol yes im prety upsessed....lol.......:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: .....and

one last question how much horse power can get from reseting the ECU And does anyone know how to wrk thephone thing on the car?

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
Why isn't there enough room in the engine compartment? They make a C55 with a V8 and made the C32 with a bigger motor. If you want the easy new way to do a turbo, just put them at the exhaust just before the muffler and the pipe them back to a front mount intercooler. They do this on the newer Corvettes and Mustangs, works well.

What's funny is you have an automatic, like my girls have, and you want to race, haha.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why isn't there enough room in the engine compartment? They make a C55 with a V8 and made the C32 with a bigger motor. If you want the easy new way to do a turbo, just put them at the exhaust just before the muffler and the pipe them back to a front mount intercooler. They do this on the newer Corvettes and Mustangs, works well.

What's funny is you have an automatic, like my girls have, and you want to race, haha.
well i know its a auto but it can be used as manual if you look on the pics you can see that you can change the gear and shift

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

well i know its a auto but it can be used as manual if you look on the pics you can see that you can change the gear and shift

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I would go for show. I don't approve beating the sh*t out of a c230 benz. Too expensive to repair and IMO they are slow. I came from racing a turbo tuned WRX. I love my c320 but it's for show not go. There are a lot of imports that are just faster .. unless your spend $10k on a kompressor or have an amg just not worth it to race'em.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would go for show. I don't approve beating the sh*t out of a c230 benz. Too expensive to repair and IMO they are slow. I came from racing a turbo tuned WRX. I love my c320 but it's for show not go. There are a lot of imports that are just faster .. unless your spend $10k on a kompressor or have an amg just not worth it to race'em.
yeah i guess thats what I would do too, so out of Mercedes the best class for racig are amg or kompresor?.....anyway you have c320 wht did you upgrade first?...and what would you suggest too me?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
254 Posts
I think you are concentrated too much in to racing. If you want to pimp your car for racing, you are better off getting something else. american muscle is the way to go. Maybe i am just older and a bit tired of the rice rockets around my area. anybody knows if they are coming out with a new too fast too furious movie?

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
yeah i guess thats what I would do too, so out of Mercedes the best class for racig are amg or kompresor?.....anyway you have c320 wht did you upgrade first?...and what would you suggest too me?
well amg's are usually kompressors ontop of a v8 but my mods include:

Cobra radar detector ;)
S-Class Led tail lights
& 18" rims.

I had stock 16s which were nice but not big enough. If your satisfied with your rims you could always do the following upgrades which I plan to do this summer:

amg spoiler
amg sport girll & flat hood emblem

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well amg's are usually kompressors ontop of a v8 but my mods include:

Cobra radar detector ;)
S-Class Led tail lights
& 18" rims.

I had stock 16s which were nice but not big enough. If your satisfied with your rims you could always do the following upgrades which I plan to do this summer:

amg spoiler
amg sport girll & flat hood emblem
Cobra radar detector for cops?
is there a big difference i the tail lights of my stock and the sclass?
18"-hell yeah thats first on my list....lol:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Cobra radar detector for cops?
is there a big difference i the tail lights of my stock and the sclass?
18"-hell yeah thats first on my list....lol:thumbsup:
Radar for the Police although I do have a 75 in a 45 pending. :banghead:

The s-class style tails have a different look (They have 4 white lines whereas the stock c's have a C style white line for turning signal) plus they are LED bulbs. I'll try to post some pictures later tonight when I'm home.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Radar for the Police although I do have a 75 in a 45 pending. :banghead:

The s-class style tails have a different look (They have 4 white lines whereas the stock c's have a C style white line for turning signal) plus they are LED bulbs. I'll try to post some pictures later tonight when I'm home.
sweet thanks.....yeah i have only had my c230 for only like 4 months so i really dont know to much about mercedes just trying to learn.....

·
Registered
384 Posts
Hahaha PJAY !! haha I just got back from the DMV today.... 265$ [email protected]()#[email protected]$*#

88 in a 45 :( ohhhh welll thats 2 in the past 18 months... I need to get a radar haha

I agree with what you say though for this guy... Mods for look not for speed... Our cars are nice but not all that fast heh.

Look around for wheels they make the biggest impression mods wise.
Also look to tint, its cheap and it make a large difference visually.
Spolier and grill changes make subtle changes

Cheap mods that make noticable changes are Clear Corner Lights - 35ish$
different style tailights - 150ish$

You can also mess with HID kits or projectors or packages to give it a cool look.

Shave your symbols for a clean look - Free

some exhaust might be a bit of both worlds that your looking for...
You wont see a ton of number cutting there but you will feel the difference and
have some placibo effect subconsciencally heheh
You will pick up some looks some sound and a bit of performance too.

well thats just my 2 cents.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts