Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 clk 430 and I went to unlock my car today and it wouldn't unlock with the keyless entry, had to use mechanical key supplied in my remote. Then I changed the batteries in my key and nothing changed.And if my problems weren't over yet, Now I put the key into the ignition and it won't let me turn the key to position one or two to start the car. After messing around for an hour I took apart the key and put it back together and the car started. When I shut it back off, it wouldn't let me start the car until I split the key in 2 and put it back together. Does it sound like the key or the IR receiver? Even with the key split and put back together I still never got back the keyless entry. The night before, everything was fine. Parked it and this is what I woke up to!!!:mad:

·
Registered
1999 CLK 430 ,Silver/Ash, Daily Driver
366 Posts
Depending on your key and how you handle it !

Happend to me ! the previous owner was a (no insulting) slob and had all kinds of crap in his?hers pocket and ruined the face of the key !!!

·
Registered
1999 CLK 430 W208, 2004 SL55 AMG
87 Posts
I just had the same issue. Had to get a new key ($260 at stealer/dealer) and after diagnostics fee $148. I was stuck had no choice... :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts