Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to delete that buzz sound when you turn the key into acc/on position? It buzz for about 3 seconds... (it's annoying...)

1994 C220

·
Registered
2002 ML320
1,951 Posts
It's the seatbelt reminder buzzer

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
maybe the seat belt reminder, or start up ignition buzz like for japanese cars would be 3 beeps before you start.

·
Registered
1962 W111 220SE Coupe
2,289 Posts
Did you look at the fuse diagram to see if it has it's own dedicated fuse? If so you could try pulling that so long as it doesn't trigger a warning light and doesn't have any other function on the same fuse. Alternatively, I would be curious if you could switch it with the facelifted car's "beep beep beep" reminder rather than the droning buzz the older cars use.

·
Registered
1996 C36 ///AMG and a 1995 C280 sport
672 Posts
Alternatively, I would be curious if you could switch it with the facelifted car's "beep beep beep" reminder rather than the droning buzz the older cars use.
Actually, the PRE-updated W202's from 1996 on had the "beep-beep-beep" noise aswell, only the '95's and older had the BUZZZ...
That Buzz or "beep" is there to remind you of your seatbelt AND to remind you if your KEY is still in the ignition before you exit your vehicle. So I personally would NOT delete that noise, worse case you can try and upgrade it to the beep, but do not delete it completely...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts