Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
S500/500SEL/300E
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Question:

If I had a rolled over 600SEL, could I take the motor, trans, and computers out and put it into something else? If I have all of the sensors and the computer, and the gauge cluster, pedals, and steering rack could I not put that into something? I won't personally be doing the swap, these are preliminary questions before the project goes further. Would it be smart to do the Mustang 5.0 throttle body conversion before the motor goes in?

I appreciate all of your help. I read 40 pages of the M120 swap in the red SL. It would be with the 4 speed non-electronic transmission and I don't need AC, or ESP.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Yeah you could put a 600sel in another car, you dont need the pedals and gauges for sure. You would need to find something that had a pretty big engine bay to fit one it im assuming you want to put one in a 560sl or 500sl?? Need some more info on what you want to do exactly. i would personally tune up a 500sl at the most. Anything over a 5.0L is A LOT of engine, your not only wasting money, but if your looking for speed, for the price much more can be had out of a 500sl being rebuilt then swapping a 600sel into something.

·
Registered
VW CC & Wifeys 2003 SLK320
200 Posts
'39 Lincoln Zephyr kit car would be my choice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts