Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install new springs in my 2001 E430 and install Bilstein shocks. I am worried that my rear tires (275/35-18) are going to rub. Will they? What will I have to do to keep them from rubbing? If I just install shocks, will that be enough to make it handle better?<br>
<br>
Thanks for the input.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
By the way Luke, the Bridestone S03's and AMGs I bought from the TireRack are awesome!

Zack really took care of me. My wheels and tires showed up in 2 days! The tires are just what Zack said, great on dry, great on wet pavement, plus they are quite at highway speeds.<br> <br> You guys are the best.....now I need snows for the NY winters. Any suggestions?<br> <br> <br> <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well,

I do not know exactly what wheel and tire package you have so I can not effectively answer your lowering question. As far as winter tires go I really like the Blizzaks<br> <br> Luke<br> and on another note ... I answer all of the questions on this site to be of assistance to the members but, that is why the banner at the top of the screen says to contact Luke for orders or questions. I am happy that your wheels and tire are working out well for you. How can I give you full support if I am not involved in your actual purchase from the beginning. When you get new wheels and tires you need to consider possible future upgrades for your vehicle when making your selections.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my wheel/tire setup

My setup is exactly like E55 stock. AMG Mono II's 18x8 front and 18x9 rear.<br> <br> With 245/40-18 front and 275/35-18 rear.<br> <br> Sorry about not calling you for the sale. I bought the wheels and tires before joining the board. I'll call you next time for the Blizzaks!<br> <br> Can I lower withour rubbing? What should I do?<br> <br> Thanks again.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice setup!....more

I have 18inch rubber on 9inch wheels in the rear on my car. Do you think the rear tires will rub even with the wheels being 1 inch narrower?<br> <br> I'm in NY and finding a shop that does fender rolling is difficult!<br> <br> I'd like to lower the car for better handling without having to roll the fenders. Maybe just a shock upgrade to Bilstien will work?<br> <br> Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts