Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys!
my car is idling too high. varies from 1200-2000. i removed the top hose of the icv, cleaned the valve and made sure it is smooth. but i still runs the same. when i tap the icv the rmp varies. so i know that the icv is the culprit. my question is can it be cleaned? is there an easy way to remove the bottom hose. and also when i give a direct current i hear a click sound. pls help

·
Registered
1988 190E 2.3
234 Posts
The ICV can be removed without a great deal of trouble. The bottom hose is a little bit of a pain to get back on but not to bad. You can use several different things to clean it with but the last time I cleaned mine I used carb cleaner and then let it set to dry out real well before I reinstalled it. If you are not sure how to take the ICV out you can always get a copy of the w201 manual from the FAQ section to guide you through the process.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The ICV can be removed without a great deal of trouble. The bottom hose is a little bit of a pain to get back on but not to bad. You can use several different things to clean it with but the last time I cleaned mine I used carb cleaner and then let it set to dry out real well before I reinstalled it. If you are not sure how to take the ICV out you can always get a copy of the w201 manual from the FAQ section to guide you through the process.
i change the icv. now its fine. but still the idle fluctuates from 500 - 1000. this happens when it is cold. any ideas? ovp is also fine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ck the temperature sensor.
Regards.
aam.
i'm sorry, havent posted for a while. btw do u know where the temperature sensor is there are too many wire running around. is there any test for it. thanks a lot

1 - 5 of 5 Posts