Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone tell me if this a problem i should address immediately. If so can i just replace the pulley or do have to replace the whole assembly.

·
Registered
31,633 Posts
can anyone tell me if this a problem i should address immediately. If so can i just replace the pulley or do have to replace the whole assembly.
Hey, JS. Welcome to the forum, please take a moment to complete your BW online profile re: vehicle and location, that can be very useful information.

Is this the pulley you mean?

If so it's $20 at autohausaz.com, p/n is 0002020019. If you don't need the car you could perhaps remove your pulley and take it to a good machine shop, they may be able to find a proper bearing, but I'd bet it would be close to that price and then you have your additional time and bother. Personally I'd just order it and replace it. Buy a couple of headlight bulbs, oil and air filter, you'll hit the $50 price point and then shipping is free as well.

(The reason I asked if it was that one is that sometimes folks confuse the idler pulley with the tensioner.)

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, you are right i ment the belt tensioner. That being the case can you also just replace the pulley without the assembly

·
Registered
31,633 Posts
I have not seen the pulley sold separately for the V6, just the entire tensioner assembly. It's $121 at autohausaz, p/n 1122000970 and it's the updated version, hopefully it lasts longer. At least now you're into the free shipping.

I'm not sure whether that bearing is replaceable either. Once you've pulled it out (again, if you have a second car so this one can be down a couple of days) you could take it to a machine shop and see if they have a proper replacement.

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts