Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched and found lot's of posts that sound very similar to my issue, but either the fix did not help or there was never an answer to the problem.

I have a 96 C220. In nuetral it seems to idle ok, little to no vibration. Put it in gear, RPMs drop just a second, then pick back up. If you drive the car, it seems good until you you come to a stop, then rpms dip really low to the point of almost stalling, then jump up back to almost normal. It seems to idle rough in gear regardless, but put it in park or neutral, and everything is fine again and it purrs like a kitten. It just seems to idle poorly when coming to a quick stop, but it only does it a sec or two, then it idels OK, but does seem rougher idle than when in park or neutral.

The engine is running fine and not missing. If you bring the RPMs up its smooth and runs fine. I checked and cleaned the MAF and reset the idle based on a video I saw on Youtube, all to no avail. No check engine light, no codes, starts right up without hesitation. I'm stumped.

Can anyone suggest anything?

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Try doing all that with the MAF unplugged and see if it makes a difference. If you have access to a scanner that can view live data, it would also be nice to see what your fuel trim numbers look like. My car had some very similar issues that I traced back to a bad idle control, which is built into the throttle body. Buying a new one fixed it, but given the price, it is something you definitely want to verify is bad before you spend the money.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
georgebuhr
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing