Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
420 SEL
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is this thing located i looked everywhere? It's a big black box with pins comming out of it right? Help. I'm getting F**King pissed with this problem .Thank you [:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!]

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
The ICU is located on the firewall behind the instrument cluster close to the steering wheel column or sometimes closer to the center behind the dash. It’s attached to the firewall by a bracket with two screws.

·
Registered
88,560 SEC & SEL Euros, 06 S-500, 06 SRT8 Magnum
246 Posts
Benzoboy
I thought you had your problem solved and that it was the ovp relay, you said this fixed your problem but your starter gave up? Question: what is your real problem what is your w126 series, are you trying to locate the IDLE AIR VALVE for cleaning its under the hood in the engine compartment. If you are looking for the control unit its behind the passenger footwell under the carpet held in a plastic bracket behind a big plastic plate if faulty cannot be open unless you have special tools it is a sealed solid state unit. please provide the forum with more information related to your problems. Try using the forum search engine its located at the top of the forum page just type in your problem and the past forums will appear for advice!!!!!
PS Did you replace the OVP relay?
MBGary

·
Registered
420 SEL
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My car is an '86 420 SEL. I used the search forum and helped somewhat, but i still cannot locate this unit. I used one of the sponsors here to find out exActly what this ICU looks like and what i got from them is this # 004 545 10 32. I do NOT see this thing anywhere. can anybody post a picture or give me a different #. i have a 20/20 vision, but i can't find this thing under the driver or passangger side under the carpet. The problem i thiught went away the other day , but i start the car (cold) and the RPM's go to 2000, i've never thad that problem before. the ICV i found and disconnected the wires while the car was running and made NO difference in the RPM's. I see this silver box with plug in it that i tried to remove, but couldn't could that be the unit? It doesn't look anything like what i sa , nor is the # nowhere near what i put before. HHHHHHHEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPP[?][?][?]

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
benzoboy - 3/13/2005 8:47 PM

i have a 20/20 vision, but i can't find this thing under the driver or passangger side under the carpet.
You have 20/20 vision but you can’t see my post?

UP under the dash, behind the instrument cluster – black box, two self-tapping screws, could also be behind the dash in the middle – in neither location is it under the carpet.

Attachments

·
Registered
246 Posts
I would still put the question back to the OVP relay check out this site
http://www.thebenzbin.com/mercedes-hard-start.html

replace it before you continue with your problems

·
Registered
420 SEL
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK thanks for all your help. FOUND IT. it was on the PASSANGER side behind the plastic cover. MY FAULT i have my dvd there and it was right behind it. Took it out , open it up, everything looks good in there. Started the car without it in place RPM's STILL high (1800). Put the icu back in place still RPM's high. I'll try replacing the OVP relay. Is there any way that i can test it, before i start buying things? Thank for all your help again[:0]

·
Registered
420 SEL
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
UPDATE ON HIGH IDLE

[:)][:)] Thanks to the few that answered (MBGary, JDC1244a). it was the OVP sensor. as soon as i replaced it the rpm's dropped to 900 (cold) when in D they are around 750. Thanks to the few that are here for actuall help on mechanical, electrical ect. than rather talk about what size speakers i should put in the back of my car or what size rims ect. There's nothing wrong with that to say the least i break all the rules , I'm just glad that there are few knowledgeble people here THANK YOU . Now tell me what do you think i could get for my car. Runs like a champ sounds good (exhaust, system) Looks OK deppending on your taste. I guarantee you will get LUCKY driving this bad boy around. I'm married, but i sure get a lot of temptation when i'm alone driving it around town. Just an idea. Like i said replaced the chain and guides about 7000-8000 miles ago, NEW AC, 800W stereo system, 6" TV w/DVD player, 2-15" in the trunk, 18" wheels new tires. fairly new paint with few dings (not too bad) AMG spoilers all around, custom exhaust, cleart lights all around, EURO lights 560 air filter housing (K&N filter) decent interior. $$$$ [?][?][?][?]

·
Registered
246 Posts
RE: UPDATE ON HIGH IDLE

Post some photos on the forum the members can advise as to value. In Canada we search the Auto Trader for each province the highest values are Alberta & British Columbia most interst is in the 560 SEL Euros and I just happen to have one for sale.
In Canada go http://www.sympatico.ca then click on autos, do your search alot different then the US you don't need a postal code.
Attached are photos of my SEL Euro asking $27,500.00 Canadian has only 76,000 klms currently in winter storage. Has to be sold in Canada due to US regulations etc.
I appreciate the compliment.

MBGary at [email protected]

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts