Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently completed a fix on my 210, the removed parts are below. First person to correctly identify them wins $5. (A nod to Musikmann for reminding me there was a macro setting on my camera if I just kept playing with it enough..._

Hint: This is not a DIY I'll be posting. ;)

To collect your winnings, please mail me your address with a postal money order for $5.95 to cover shipping and handling. Hey, what the heck, I'm feeling generous: I'll do the same for the first ten people to correctly identify them. :D

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

Attachments

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
35,883 Posts
I might have some advantage here, but that might have something to do with the 3-rd brake light?
I work on my toys (not too often) and never have run into such a gizmo.

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
My 3.2 MP Kodak has what they call a "Macro Mode" that takes very clear close-up photos (my job requires these); the setting for that camera is a tulip icon, but that's probably meaningless unless you have a 3 year old Kodak! :)

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, MM.

The canon surely does as well, but I've not owned it long enough to play with such specialized settings.

Another hint: there are actually two parts there, the white coil in the middle was just a twist-tie I wrapped around a cotter pin to angle them towards the camera. I didn't take the time to photoshop it out. :)

Greg

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
Hey Greg,

No doubt the Canon does. I'd probably never have discovered that setting except for the job requirements (and what does a tulip have to do with close-ups anyway?). I use the auto-focus setting for everything else.

·
Registered
35,883 Posts
Too lazy to walk to my carport and confirm, but how about rear defroster connectors?
My Sony not only takes pictures from 3/4" distance, but does nice enlargements as well.

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kajtek1, I didn't know you had a bus too!!! :D

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MM gets a gold star...

For pointing me to the macro setting on the Canon, the original image has been replaced now and I'm sure someone will recognize it right away.

Or maybe not unless you've experienced this particular, ahem, 'meltdown'. :)

(Curiously it still took about 3 shots to get one that was properly focused, but whatever, dude.)

D

·
0 Posts
gregs210 said:
Kajtek1, I didn't know you had a bus too!!! :D
I nominate Kajtek1 for the next GTG organizer and his bus can be used to pick us all up so we as a group can take a cross country trip!:thumbsup: :D (love that bus)

·
Registered
35,883 Posts
Designo_E320 said:
I nominate Kajtek1 for the next GTG organizer and his bus can be used to pick us all up so we as a group can take a cross country trip!:thumbsup: :D (love that bus)
You are on. As long as North Carolina section will start collection for gas and beer.

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sigh...well, I just paid myself the $5. :D

They are the connectors for the fog lamp (H1) bulbs...as you can see they're both a bit fried, but the one is bad enough it effectively welded the bulb tab into it.

Of course the good news is that since no one identified them, that means the connector meltdown is pretty rare. ;)

Greg

·
W203, W210 Moderator
E55 ///AMG
6,906 Posts
Greg honestly that is my guess:D too bad I got a lot of back emails here at work and did not get the chance to reply:p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts