Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unbeknownst to me, after getting a new battery installed, I noticed an open pipe/tube (metal). Last visit to the mechanic, they must have not replaced it (many months ago). MB road side said to visit the dealers parts department. They "think" this is the part number not sure: 163.997.05.81. Parts dept. said it would be 2-3 months to get this part from MB. ~$15-20. I was skeptical because the kid was not 100% sure, it was a guess.
I searchd a few online (FCPeuro, Autohauz, etc.) and nothing,

Any ideas what this is and where I can get it, or can I use an alternative item?
Thank you

·
Registered
2,320 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Terrific. Thank you.
Since there’s been no cap on for a while, was potential harm done to the trans? (What idiots - I guess I’m not going back to the shop :) )

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Terrific. Thank you.
Since there’s been no cap on for a while, was potential harm done to the trans? (What idiots - I guess I’m not going back to the shop :))
Probably no harm was done, but you should cover it up as soon as possible. You don't want anything falling in there as it can block small passages in the transmission. You can temporarily cover it with aluminum foil and securing it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts