Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm a chilean 24 year old owner of a crashed dark blue 1984 190E. Right now i'm trying to put it back together but have the idea of giving him a more sporty-younger look. I've got some ideas of my own, but want ideas from people who knows and cares. Haven't got zillions to spare, so i'd appriciate if any of you could give me some fair tunning combinations that would enhance my life saving benz, without killing my wallet.<br> <br> thanks a lot in advance,<br> Chillinbenz.

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
let me see... it had a broken front axle, a/c system, radiator, headlights, bumpers, several body parts, some electric system parts, and the list goes on. right now is in legal-running condition, and it's not painted yet, so i can still perform some little body modifications.<br> <br> expecting some advice,<br> Chillinbenz

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I have always thought a rear spoiler suited the 190s very well. More so than the 300s or the S class. The car being small seems to go better with the spoiler. I'd say get it back to perfect order before you mod it.

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If the front was hit, re-build it like the 300e, which is slightly more slanted and looks sportier. Also, use the modern lights and put $60 xenon light bulbs.<br> Check out this pic.<br> pa tu libro loco, haz algo asi y te sale un carro de la puta madre,<br>

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Steve, half of that stuf (ac, electrical, etc)is just a standard maintennance for me! ;-)<br> <br> Lower it by putting sport springs and bilsteins shocks-it's cheaper and easier than you may think.<br> check out www.tirerack.com. You can even see how the car will look with the new suspension. You may try to get new wheels (I advise against chrome).<br> <br> Jamie, I like the black grill!

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sorry if my inglish isn't good, but i meant that after several work RIGHT NOW it is in legal running condition.<br> <br> thanks a lot for your opinnions, i'm getting a lot of valuable ideas!! please keep on helping me<br> ChillinBenz

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.