Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
CLS500
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to determine the proper tire pressure to run with 20" tires on my CLS500. MB recommends 30 psi fronts and 33 psi rears (cold), but does this also apply to 20" wheels and up? I am looking for the perfect mix of ride quality and protection from potholes, etc if it exists. Any suggestions from those of you with 20 or 22 inch wheels would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2007 CLS550
73 Posts
go with what the tire manufacturer recommends. MB's guidelines don't apply when you switch wheels and tires, and BTW, your tire pressure monitoring system will likely malfunction with low profile tires. You can turn it off via Star Diag, but my bro-in-law tells me that you can also change the settings for the system... which reminds me I need to go see him tomorrow to see if he can do that for me.

Ride quality will be lower than stock, at least it is with my Conti Sport Contacts and potholes are a constant worry, but tire pressure won't do much to resolve that. There is simply so little sidewall in 25 and 30 series tires that it just is what it is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts