Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just home with a Vito 119 in the Middle East - I cannot figure out how the controls work from the steering, for example, to set the clock, or check the oil level, and reset the maintenance.

It runs a V6 3.5L engine, I think the same as the S350, ML350, etc. so I'm hoping someone will recognize the instrument cluster (in the Vito forum, the dash pics I found are different, as are the control instructions).

The instrument cluster is signed Magneti Marelli, and there are two knobs on the left, marked M and R; and two other knobs on the right, marked + and - plus there are the four pairs of controls on the steering wheel.

You'll be happy to know that the Merc dealer here is just as supportive as elsewhere... donkey! :(

·
Registered
1991 300E
601 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers - funnily enough the same link through Google brought me here to benzworld! LOL

Although a lot of the info there matches, the instrument cluster doesn't. Here's what they say they should look like: Online Owner's Manual [In depth | At a glance | Instrument cluster variants]

I got a clue from the MB service chap just now that the ASSYST controls would follow those of an S-Class... but again none look the same online...

Hope to be a regular contributor here on benzworld!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts