Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #61
In Germany and Sweden are 55amg engine not expensive

Sent fra min H8324 via Tapatalk
no your deffently right! :) I found some cheap ones on ebay.kleinanziegen.com but its not the engine its the tax of which car its out of.. :)
but havn't checked blocket.se :) but it does not matter i'm gonna pay maybe 3-4x the price compared to the m119..
a e55 amg taxed 11.531euros to 19.179euros somewhere in that "small" area would be calculated in what the tax value of the car to be at... :) its russian roulette .. 馃槀 and damn expensive no matter what.. :)
plus it would be valued as a even newer car, when they desite what year they find the car to be at, and under would polution norm (euro 1 - (euro 6-7 or something like that)) :)
were part of eu and there restrictions here in denmark, not like you norwigian fellows with all your oil and resorces.. 馃槀 we had oil resorces ones like you, but the danish goverment thought they made a good deal in the 80麓s or something like that and sold it 馃槀
those who bought are still harvesting big time on it 馃槀 we could had been rich like you guys up there but no...

how is the taxation like on cars and bikes and pulution rules in norway ??
I was offered a job in Bergen at a harley dealer up there. but didn't had the guts to just move back then.. don't know if the opportunity is still there, if I visit them.. But damn those pay checks you are having up there 馃槀 i know a lot of regular stuff is expensiv, but i dont drink beer anymore (or almost none 馃槀) and i am not bother living in a messed up caravan if just I have a nice bike and a car to drive :) and the mountains with those twistet roads your having! not like this completly flat country :) ower high hill is called "sky mountain" translated. and its a 100m higher than sea level :D hehe and no roads on that tiny hill 馃槀

Registered
In Norway vi pay 25% vat on everything.
If I buy a engine for 1000euro I have to pay 250 in vat.

If I buy a whole car for 5000 euro i need to pay 1250 in vat. If I use it for a partcar that's it. If I want to put plates on it I have to pay taxes.
The new rules are if the car is 20years or older there is a minimum of cost to get plates.

Registered
'95 E300 DIESEL, '91 600SEL, '92 600SEL
Norway sounds more in line to what I am used to seeing here in Belgium.

21% on everything (new and used) sold by resellers with a VAT numbers. Used to be 35% on "luxury goods" prior to joining the EU but that was a long time ago.

0% on everything sold 2nd hand (e.g. used car sale between 2 individuals)

And in the case of cars, the first reg (by each successive owner) is based on some crazy @ss formula consisting of Euro norm, CO2 output, date of first sale, fuel type, whether car rides on BBQ gas, etc, etc, etc. As an example, you can have a demonstrator car that sat in the showroom for 4.5 years (as in the case of my Honda Accord diesel wagon) and you still get hit with the same rate as the brand new car. In addition, in the case of a used car purchase the first reg is still based on above said formula. I call that double taxation in my book.

Anyway, here is a link with a peek how it works to give you an idea. Ironically, my 1991 600SEL (Euro 0, airpump eliminated, cat bored out but not eliminated) puts out identical CO2 (295g/km) as a brand new AMG GT (Euro 6) with the small bi turbo 4L V8. Plus, everything will break and cook to death on the AMG GT due to the turbo heat sandwiched in the middle of the engine block. Ask any BMW M5 F10 generation owner. Sometimes, progress isn't progress.

Here is a website how they calculate the tax Autobelasting : Formule berekenen belasting op inverkeerstelling | Autoverzekering-berekenen.be

Ironically, here in Belgium to re-engine a car the cost is around 20K Euro (just in certification costs) because they claim the "updated" vehicle has to be recertified by the manufacturer and issued a new certificate of conformity for use in the EU. I asked because I was contemplating ditching the diesel engine and swapping in a V6 engine block imported from the US. But for 20K, I can travel to the US, find a Honda/Acura with a V6 (complete running car in near mint condition), and have it shipped back for well within that sum. And then there is no need to "recertify" because the vehicle was already previously registered. Europe has got some really bizarre laws if you ask me when it comes to motor vehicles. My impression is that if it is a scenario they are not familiar with or don't like they will just up the price in the hope that you will just give up and walk away.

Registered
Discussion Starter #64
In Norway vi pay 25% vat on everything.
If I buy a engine for 1000euro I have to pay 250 in vat.

If I buy a whole car for 5000 euro i need to pay 1250 in vat. If I use it for a partcar that's it. If I want to put plates on it I have to pay taxes.
The new rules are if the car is 20years or older there is a minimum of cost to get plates.

Thats sounds awesome, what about taxes on a custom bike where only the engine block has the original identity? rest is performance parts and parts from different harleys?.. the block is from 1994 and a sportster block if thats make any difference..?

Here i have to go through eu type approval laws in germany like it's a brand new bike i wanna start producing which is not the case 馃槀 I just want it to max out and around a spot where the motors last for 6000-10000km before rebuild, if i'm lucky 馃槀..

Registered
1995 E320
I'm not saying my lovely bimmers are my budget but the green one with the white plastic im done restoring next week when i get new slavecylinders for the rear, and then its gonna be sold :) the other 02麓s are staying so far, but maybe i should sell one more to make the mercedes project realistic :)
Hello my new best friend!!!!

Still have my 1st car, a 76 2002 at a friends house in Los Angeles.

Premium Member
1990 Benz 300E 2.6 (mine) ; 1994 E320 Wagon (wife's) ; 1993 300CE Cabrio, needs some TLC
I sorta skimmed this thread, but I think i saw something about nickel-silicone cylinders and boring... afaik, there's no way you will ever bore any sort of nickel-silicone impregnated aluminum cylinder with way too much high tech gear, so whatever the stock bore is, that's what you get. Looks like the 4.2L M119 was 92mm bore, the 5.0 (found mostly in 500SL/SL500 and 500SEL/S500 kinda cars) was 96.5mm bore, and the 6.0 AMG variant was 100mm bore.

the 500's with the stock ECU and stuff were 322HP already, which is pretty close to your target? AMG's E60/SL60 variants were more like 375HP stock.

500E W124's are really rare, there's far more SL and SEL cars with the 5.0L motor.

Registered
The chassisnumber/framenumber is what you have to use. What part you use don't matters. Taxes follow the chassis/frame.
If it's has been in Norway for 10years or older it don't cost anything, same if it's over 20 years old and you bring it in to the country.

Registered
Discussion Starter #71
The chassisnumber/framenumber is what you have to use. What part you use don't matters. Taxes follow the chassis/frame.
If it's has been in Norway for 10years or older it don't cost anything, same if it's over 20 years old and you bring it in to the country.

But what if you have a new custom frame and a old engine block from 1994 ?
do you get a 2020 vin number ?
do you get pullution regulations ?

Premium Member
1990 Benz 300E 2.6 (mine) ; 1994 E320 Wagon (wife's) ; 1993 300CE Cabrio, needs some TLC
In Calfiornia, on any car 1975 or newer, you can only replace an older engine with the exact same, or newer with all the new engines smog equipment, and then the car has to be smogged as newer, and its only allowed after the engine-swap has been inspected by a BAR Referee and granted the car a type approval.

so yes, you could in theory put a XC90 V8 in a 240, but you'd need to use ALL the XC90's engine management and smog control, and from then on your car would be biannually smogged as tho it was that XC90.

Registered
1995 E320
Nice mate ;) picture of the darling ?? :)
No. Unfortunately. Original verona red paint has faded to a almost pink/ light red.

Needs and engine and transmission. :( They're getting extremely difficult to source here. I'm likely going to repower it with a Mazda NC Miata motor and gearbox.

Registered
Discussion Starter #75
No. Unfortunately. Original verona red paint has faded to a almost pink/ light red.

Needs and engine and transmission. :( They're getting extremely difficult to source here. I'm likely going to repower it with a Mazda NC Miata motor and gearbox.
I can sell you a e21 motor and 4-speed 02 tranny, but shipments to the states must be expenssiv so i geuss not, but if you need other parts I could maybe make a pallet with stuff.. :) i'm hordering the 02 motors when i get the change and have the cash, but only have 5 extra麓s so far,.. The e21 is simular, but have a bit newer solex with autochoke.. I don't have the time for selling you a restored motor at the moment..

Registered
Discussion Starter #76 (Edited)
about the m119 it麓s a m119.970.12 any thoughts on this motor ?
What does the last to numbers stand for ?? (the .12) the engine is a 5liter as far as i can understand but with varios outputs from 305-326-320 and many other opions of what the output was on that motor on different spec sites.. :/

So far the plan is not to be in a hurry, and just drive the w123 with the 4cylinder until i'm ready with the motor and gearbox.

The rebuild plan is at this moment:
complete rebuild bairings. valve regrinding etc. and hopefully the pistons are staying with only piston rings to be changed without honning i hope..
30% lightning of the crankshaft with knifeedge + balancing
dbilas 264/260cam (would like something more aggresiv, but don't know if im reaching 370hp with this setup, any opinion on this cam ?? )
ITB麓s with drive by wire.
dry sump
stock injectors?
e500 gasoline pump?
oil cooler
m90 gearbox
m90 race clutch of some sort. just not a cintermetal clutch..
lightweight flywheel balanced with crank (but that stock one looks damn light, but i think a new needs to be made to the m90 clutch..
obr euro 2 EFI
2x Coils from some newer 4cylinder i do not know yet.. or borsch plug on coils if i have the cash..
iridium plugs
homemade headers and exhaust with one muffler with a bolt on db killer (I don't expect hp to be gained on this) but i'm gonna do my best :)

the stock motor has at least 305hp when it was new and i'm hoping this setup to have 355hp+ on the dyno but don't know what is reachable and with which parts on this motor..

i'm open for any suggestions you have, for reaching closer to 370hp on a N/A 5.0liter

Dreaming about forged piston, sleeves and a cam with powerband in the higher rpm range, dual valvespring and shock and raising the rpm limiter to 8900rpm. and getting the heads cnc ported.. but really don't think i'm ending out buying that for thoose 8 cylinders and 32valves and have not even found thoose upgrades.. :) .. don't got the cash for that setup anyway, but damn that would be mint :)..

Registered
Where do you buy flywheel?
DLI in Sweden may make one.

Brabus have 450HP in m119 6.5litre

Registered
Discussion Starter #78
my uncle will machine me one when i have the parts :)

yes but with 100mm stroke right ? :D

Registered
'95 E300 DIESEL, '91 600SEL, '92 600SEL
That's a long wishlist, but as I stated early on what is the actual budget you've got to work with? That is always the final determining factor.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts