Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Super Moderator
85 Audi Coupe Quattro, 85 Audi Coupe GT, 71 BMW turbo 2002, 73 BMW 2002tii, 85 BMW 635csi
18,272 Posts
123ignition distributor, Holley 4150 750cfm blow through carb, Quik Fuel fuel pump, Quik fuel rising rate fuel regulator with boost enrichment, ARP bolts throughout, Low compression forged pistons from Ireland Engineering, Alpina 5 speed e21 dogleg, Alpina LSD diff out of e21, 12 gallon fuel cell, still a work in progress.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Damn i love it! :D any shots of it driving ? :) what is the output ? :)
how much compression is working with carbs ?

·
Super Moderator
85 Audi Coupe Quattro, 85 Audi Coupe GT, 71 BMW turbo 2002, 73 BMW 2002tii, 85 BMW 635csi
18,272 Posts
No idea, no dyno here. No video. Max at 17psi for now. Faster than 370Z and Subaru WRX and other like automobiles at 14psi

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Nice! :) would like to see an dyno chart of that old school beast one day.. pm me that if you get it at some point :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
This is how much work it is!
damn i wish that project to be in a w123 instead but still very interesting :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I would still like to know anything you guys got on that m119 motor maybe links
Does anybody know how much the motor weights ?
I can't really find that many aftermarket performance parts for it only some regrind cams so far, maybe somebody know some german sites ?
i see the m119 was in groub c and in the clk lm.. so there must be some sick stuff for it out there ??:unsure:😂

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
any thoughts on the ALUSIL block?
which foged pistons should be used with alusil block? (is alusil a cast alloy or a coating as nicasil??! )
if its possibly on the smaller bore diameter blocks. I would like it to be 100mm bore as in the m119 - 6liter (is that possibly if its the smaller displacement motors)
Do others use sleeves when tuning this motor ? and is sleeves even possibly on the 100mm bore, or should i go smaller to fit sleeves ?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have a few project done, and if I should put a enige in a 123 I would use a 55amg m113 enige. It's not as wide as a m119 so it's easyer so fit, and you can easy put on a 722.6.
M113 is a modern engine and it's a lot of them for sale.

Sent fra min H8324 via Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
it´s to new of a motor for the registration of the car. and the m119 I can get from my boss for cheep moneys. like a 100-300 euros for the motor.. I know i would end at the same or proberly more before the engine is ready to put in. and the 55amg m113 is putting to much power out from start..
The goverment allows the engine to be upgraded and not restricted, for some reason i do not know 😂
It can have 370hp legal..

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
okay i've done a bit of seaching on it now.. i like the supercharger and the amg badge.. alot.. 😂
But i will pay tax from the car its out off, and such amg is damn expensive in denmark.. and a mercedes e420 is much cheaper here.. but damn i would like a amg engine in it 😂 but no.. maybe later in life or in a diffrent life😂

·
Registered
'95 E300 DIESEL, '91 600SEL, '92 600SEL
17,371 Posts
okay i've done a bit of seaching on it now.. i like the supercharger and the amg badge.. alot.. 😂
But i will pay tax from the car its out off, and such amg is damn expensive in denmark.. and a mercedes e420 is much cheaper here.. but damn i would like a amg engine in it 😂 but no.. maybe later in life or in a diffrent life😂
If the car you are installing it into is a wagon/break/estate, can't you register it as a light utility vehicle? At least that is the way it is here in Belgium. As long as the interior dimensions qualify and satisfy the law all you need to do is remove the rear seats and seatbelts, and install a bulkhead or divider and then your yearly tax is something like 100 euro regardless of what motor lies under the hood. Just a thought.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
they changed rules for 2 seat estates.. they are still cheaper in tax, but yearly tax is damn expensive like + 5x the regular yearly road tax..but its not an estate anyway :)

·
Registered
17,371 Posts
i want a wagon and live in belgium 😂
Oh I don't think you do. Belgium is just a cash register, especially on anything that has wheels and an engine at least compared to the US.

As an example: the first yearly registration tax under my ownership on the V12 was 4500 euro. . . . . on a car that was already 25 years old. That is without insurance, fuel, parts, nothing. Hence the reason why I had to fight the government.

And it is not going to get any better with idiot activists like Greta Thunberg moaning and groaning about anything and everything environmental. Nothing is as environmentally friendly as keeping a vehicle as long as possible on the road vs. regular replacement.

As my license plate holder says "Cleaning up the shit your ecodiesel left behind, 12 cylinders at a time"

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
its the same here :)

just seached on some different mercedes´ i picked the cheapest of each
mercedes c63 2008 - 50.764 euros
mercedes e420 1996 - 10.395 euros
mercedes 190e 2.3-16v 1987 - 17.422 euros
mercedes e55 amg 2004 - 32.175 euros

and when i want to register the engine in the w123 they are gonna take year and model the engine it from in the calculation.. and its russian roulette if the tax is gonna be "cheaper".. most commonly its even more pricy than the orignal model its from.. but we went from 185% tax of the cars value without tax to 155% to 110% durring the last 5years, so things are getting better :) and 30% tax on cars which are older than 35 years :)

·
Registered
17,371 Posts
LOL, 185% tax rates. Sounds like your government believes in the South American economic model OR they're smoking something (from South America) they shouldn't be. :LOL:

Going by your example between the 190E and the E420 how can the nearly 10 year newer car with a V8 and twice the displacement be only half as expensive??? That's some serious Donald Trump math there. Oh wait, he doesn't do math.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
diffently the last one 😂

market has not adjusted yet to it that much, so for import fellows there is money to be earned on alot of models still ;)

here is link to the danish gouverment tax homepage.. you can see previous tax value´s on the specific models you have choosen, to get a picture of if your car could be worth more here 😂

here is a link to a online danish car market www.bilbasen.dk

maybe one or two of you benz people would find it interresting ;)

·
Registered
17,371 Posts
Just for kicks, try to see how much a '91 and a '92 600SEL would be. I'm a capitalist, for the right price anything is for sale as far as I'm concerned, whether it is a dog, car, home, girlfriend. Anything can be replaced.

Maybe we can out work something and you can earn a piece of the proceeds if it looks like it could be a profitable venture.

PM me with your findings.

41 - 60 of 80 Posts