Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yah ok. One of my V12s is Euro 0, but I got mine registered a few days before the law changed from 25 years to 30 years or +. That was at the end of 2016.

The only downside I can see with using a oldtimer is that you cannot legally use it for your daily commute to your job or for commercial purposes (such as a limo service or wedding car) or for carpool service among other things.
nice to be lucky once in a while ;)
we can use them for all purposes here if the insurence is right :)

·
Registered
'95 E300 DIESEL, '91 600SEL, '92 600SEL
17,371 Posts
What is the budget, in US $? That is usually always the final determining factor if this is really going to happen or will remain a nice wish.

·
Registered
17,371 Posts
nice to be lucky once in a while ;)
we can use them for all purposes here if the insurence is right :)
Well I did have to sue the federal government to get under the old statute. Guess Belgium wasn't used to having somebody sue them OR I've lived way too long in America before moving here.

Regardless, I got what was rightfully mine even though it was a fight since the European mentality is to take it slow and make people lose their patience in the hope that they will give up at the end. Unfortunately, that trick doesn't worth with me.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I don't know yet.. im putting it in excel first of but i'm not done with it yet.. with the hole car and all the things i want for it (nice to have/need to have) there´s alot of nice to have after i have found this motor 😂 I have bought all the parts for the restoration, so that part is done, except the paintjob...

·
Registered
17,371 Posts
And do you know this motor to be 100% healthy and sound??? And do you have the matching electronic modules to go with it?

These V8s are not just a drop in. IF that was the case, every 400E/E420 owner would have dropped in the 500 motor by now.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
that is the american spirit in you sueing them ;) i don't know anything about the belgium gorverment, but sounds typical 😂

I have no idea on the motors condition yet.. but a rebuild is considers alot that´s why i wanted to know about performance aftermarket company´s for that motor??.. so it can be calculated in excell.. my boss would say I should put it in as it is, and leave it at that spot stock. he might be right i don't yet how far i want to go with it :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
no need for stock magnement with aftermarket standalone ecu.. there´s nothing more to the motor than the things you see on the picture..

·
Registered
17,371 Posts
Well, not necessarily so. If you don't have the EZL ignition box, that motor will never fire a spark (depending on engine variant)

The M119 doesn't have typical bolt on performance mods other than a Renntech airbox. About the only mod is to swap the whole motor with a bigger AMG variant.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
there is ignition in the vems mangement or do i not not know what your talking about 😂

·
Registered
17,371 Posts
Think of the EZL as a variable ignition trigger driven by stock ECU inputs and engine vacuum inputs.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
don't think its nessercary to be honest.. :) there´s the ignition map for that stuff as far as i belive :) but don't think the vems magnement messures vaccum inputs.. :)

·
Registered
17,371 Posts
I don't know anything about vems, but I'm gonna guess it probably does not communicate with the transmission overload protection switch either.

And you will probably have to come up with your own crank sensors as the vems probably does not accept the stock coaxial inputs

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
its not gonna be with automatic transmission but manual h-pattern 5 speed volvo m90, and a cps is easy to mount, u can actualy do with sprocket from a old moped with one touth grinded of 😂

·
Registered
17,371 Posts
Sounds like you've got it covered, so let's see what kind of budget you've got to throw at this to actually pull it off.

Modding MBs is like going to a stripclub, no money no honey.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Sounds like you've got it covered, so let's see what kind of budget you've got to throw at this to actually pull it off.

Modding MBs is like going to a stripclub, no money no honey.
I'm not saying my lovely bimmers are my budget but the green one with the white plastic im done restoring next week when i get new slavecylinders for the rear, and then its gonna be sold :) the other 02´s are staying so far, but maybe i should sell one more to make the mercedes project realistic :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Current, 90 300CE, 92 400E (Sold 95 E320,70 250C, 91 190 2.6, 91 420 SEL, 95 300D, 87 TD)
1,692 Posts
This is how much work it is!

·
Super Moderator
85 Audi Coupe Quattro, 85 Audi Coupe GT, 71 BMW turbo 2002, 73 BMW 2002tii, 85 BMW 635csi
18,272 Posts
I'm not saying my lovely bimmers are my budget but the green one with the white plastic im done restoring next week when i get new slavecylinders for the rear, and then its gonna be sold :) the other 02´s are staying so far, but maybe i should sell one more to make the mercedes project realistic :)
Love that Touring, one of my dream car.

My 71 roundie big turbo

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Love that Touring, one of my dream car.

My 71 roundie big turbo

That´s a great looking sedan as well, engine bay pics ?? what is done to it ? :)

I have two touring tii the rest tourings is normal 02 touring, 1 sedan tii, 1 sedan ti and the rest is regular 02 sedans and one 1802, but don't about that one 😂 and a donor car with a tii engine

21 - 40 of 80 Posts