Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1972 450SL, 2014 ML350
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an iCarsoft i980 scanner for my ML320.

Worked for a while then died.

I called and sent emails to iCarsoft and everyone on the net with the word CARSOFT in it.

Here is the ONLY reply I recieved... it is NOT from iCarsoft.. it is from Carsoft (no letter i):

Thank you for your email.

The China made "Icarsoft - i980” tool is an illegal copy of one of our Carsoft products, with extremely poor and unstable functionality.

As you will understand, we are not able to assist you with this product and therefore suggest to return it to your supplier.

For more information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

In the meantime, I remain,

With Kind Regards,

Dirk
CarSoft - OnBoard Diagnostic Systems

Another lesson in the game of life.

Alex

·
Registered
94 S420 RIP 2/8/13 02 ML55AMG, 06 CLS55AMG, 89 Mas. 228, 84 Por. 911 Carrera, 93 Toyota t.t. Supra
1,582 Posts
Had the same problem with carsoft. Turns out the software was bad and when I contacted carsoft I was told very nicely that the software I paid good money for was a Chinese knockoff and they couldn't assist except to sell me the real deal. Another lesson learned. Damn knockoffs!

·
Registered
2006 ML320 CDi, 3.0-litre Diesel 7G-Tronic
1,670 Posts
I don't think this is true.

The company is iCarSoft Inc. I've contacted them recently.

Their products were and are genuine, and they have upgraded through the numbered tools like the i980 and i930 (Jaguar-LandRover) now the latest is the V2 (MB V2 for Mercedes and LR V2 for JLR).

They have other models for other marques.

They can be contacted easily at:
US:
email: [email protected]
Tel: +1 (703) 890-6001
Site: http://www.icarsoft.com

UK: UK Parts Direct, Authorised Dealer
email: [email protected]
Tel: +44 (0)1380 800801
Site: http://www.ukpartsdirect.com

You should buy only from one of these two, there are Chinese fake copies of their products on eBay.

Here's a video for information on the MB V1 and MB V2:

·
Registered
1999 ML320
146 Posts
Have a friend that bought a V2.0 version for MB. Manufacturer clearly states in the manual that the scanner can do forced regens on Sprinters and such. When my friend tried it there wasn't any regen or dpf option on it. He called the manufacturer and he was told that the dpf reset and regen option are both "fake" in the menus. This scanner is a joke. When you get to serious issues like transmission, dpf, immobilizer issues there is only one scanner that will do a good job and that is the original MB software Xentry aka MBStar

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Again I dispute that your friend called iCarSoft or bought from iCarSoft.

iCarSoft is genuine, and sell genuine products.

Contact Mr. Barnett Davis (iCarSoft Inc, USA) directly for clarification at [email protected]

Also be aware that there are the following iCarSoft models for use on Mercedes-Benz vehicles: i980, MB-I, MB-II, MB V1.0 and MB V2.0. They are different tools with different capabilities.

This leads to confusion.

Note that the MB-II is NOT an MB V2.0 and does Not have the DPF, Battery Registration, and a couple of other additional functions that the MB V2.0 has.

That's are also Chinese fake copies of iCarSoft and Autel tools, buy only from iCarSoft or the authorised dealer, UK Parts Direct and British Diagnostics.

·
Registered
1999 ML320
146 Posts
Again I dispute that your friend called iCarSoft or bought from iCarSoft.

iCarSoft is genuine, and sell genuine products.

Contact Mr. Barnett Davis (iCarSoft Inc, USA) directly for clarification at [email protected]

Also be aware that there are the following iCarSoft models for use on Mercedes-Benz vehicles: i980, MB-I, MB-II, MB V1.0 and MB V2.0. They are different tools with different capabilities.

This leads to confusion.

Note that the MB-II is NOT an MB V2.0 and does Not have the DPF, Battery Registration, and a couple of other additional functions that the MB V2.0 has.

That's are also Chinese fake copies of iCarSoft and Autel tools, buy only from iCarSoft or the authorised dealer, UK Parts Direct and British Diagnostics.

You can't dispute something you don't know about and have no proof for. I was talking strictly about the genuine MB v 2.0, I challenge you to post a video with that unit doing what advertises and that's dpf soot level clear and forced regens. It's a scam. You'd knew if you ever tried one

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
You can't dispute something you don't know about and have no proof for. I was talking strictly about the genuine MB v 2.0, I challenge you to post a video with that unit doing what advertises and that's dpf soot level clear and forced regens. It's a scam. You'd knew if you ever tried one
Like I said, you are talking about what a friend did.

Did you see the email response yourself, and did he buy the MB V2.0 from iCarSoft?

I'm not calling you a liar, I'm saying that you may not have reported accurately. I've been talking to iCarSoft for 2+ years, with the Jaguar tool iCarSoft i930, LR-I, LR-II, and LR V2.0 and now the MB-II and MB V2.0

You or your friend can contact [email protected], Barnett Davies is always prompt in response and has sent me full functions for the MB V2.0 which I've now put into a new thread in this forum.

Your friend may have bought a fake copy, not from iCarSoft or one of their authorised dealers in the UK.

All iCarSoft products do as they say.

Go get the whole story and report back.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
And here's a copy of the list of Mercedes cars that the iCarSoft MB V2.0 supports DPF functions:

Model Chassis Model Year
A-Class 169 ALL
B-Class 245 ALL
C-Class 203 As of 01/2008
C-Class 203 From 09/2003 to 12/2007
C-Class 203 Up to 08/2003
C-Class 204 ALL
CLK 209 As of 04/2004
CLK 209 Up to 03/2004
CLS 219 From 06/2005 to 05/2006
CLS 219 Up to 05/2005
E-Class 207 ALL
E-Class 211 As of 06/2006
E-Class 211 From 06/2005 to 05/2006
E-Class 212 ALL
G-Class 461(OBD 16) ALL
G-Class 463(OBD 16) As of 03/2007
G-Class 463(OBD 16) From 09/2006 to 02/2007
GL-Class 164 ALL
GLK 204 ALL
ML 164 ALL
R-Class 251 ALL
S-Class 221 As of 07/2009

NOTES:
Benz_V01.30 DPF Function List

Attachments

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
The company CARSOFT that is referred to in the earlier posts above my first one here is BELGIUM based and are not related to ICARSOFT INC.

Their comments regarding iCarSoft products being copies of theirs are invalid.

Contact Mr Barnett Davies at [email protected] for any queries you may have, so that you get their response in writing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts