Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
'02 ML320 rattletrap at 118K miles
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me if I did this wrong or put it in the wrong area. Let me know and I'll fix.

Would like to borrow/rent a diagnostic tool in Boulder CO area.
Tool must read/reset AC (ACC) codes so I can fix the AC.

I'm willing to buy it from you and return it or just do a quick reset if you're close by or whatever.
I am pretty sure iCarsSoft i980 does this, I saw a video. There are certainly others. I have several scan tools, none do this I fear. I have friends with radio-link adapters, but I cannot find definitive information on what software would work.

The tool above is only about $100 delivered, so if anyone else is interested, I might buy it and immediately resell it....or hold on to it until my daughter dumps the german car.

let me know if you are in denver/boulder/longmont/erie/lafayette area and can help me out.

W163 M112 ML320 2002 MY probably has the newer, (variable displacement?) compressor....I'm willing to hack it to be regular (and replace whatever computer is preventing normal repair) if that compressor costs more than about $100-$150 more than normal.

thanks

·
Super Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
22,221 Posts
If it turns out to be the compressor the OE Denso supplied model can be had on Amazon for under $300 which
makes it an average price. I have replaced both type of the compressor on MLs. The variable displacement and
the standard clutch style. They are both a very similar price if you want a good one like the Denso.

·
Registered
'02 ML320 rattletrap at 118K miles
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THANKS!!! for the heads up. Good news is rare from the fatherland.
But you got to know I'd LOVE to chainsaw or angle grinder the computer that's keeping me from doing normal service.
I'm sure its a german thing.

ms

1 - 3 of 3 Posts