Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
05 c230 sport sedan
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah you heard me....AUTO SUCKS....well for me atleast....

·
Registered
C230 SS '04.5
60 Posts
i have to agree with you, auto is kind of boring. my dad has a 6 speed acura rsx type s and i drive it on the weekends and it's a lot more fun, but when it comes to traffic, it's a bitch. driving to school in traffic, i'm happy to have an auto

·
Registered
'05 C230 Kompressor,
314 Posts
mixmstrk - 2/20/2005 2:04 PM

yeah you heard me....AUTO SUCKS....well for me atleast....
at the light, slap that baby down to 1st and floor it---and look in your rearview mirror---then tell me if u think it still sucks :)

it worked for me this weakend--i smoked a bmw and a mustang

·
Registered
00 W202, 04 955 S, 08 e90
1,704 Posts
Easy now -- it's personal preference. I have 2 auto's and one manual. I drive the manual on weekends and a nice sunny day. but I drive my auto's daily.

·
Registered
C230 SC KOMPRESSOR
33 Posts
NICE KILLS![}:)]

·
Registered
AMG C32
85 Posts
and don't forget that little tach in the corner that comes in handy. right next to the idiot sized speedometer.
I have a 6 speed tho' but i didn't buy the car cos it was a dragster. It was in the lot and the dealer couldn't sell it

·
Registered
2005 w203, 2013 Town & Country
2,181 Posts
imho the car does say sport - and manual is sport...on my trips to Europe i would have to say i have been mostly in manual transmission cars....and id like to see the race with the BMW and Mustang - so many variables, so many...

jake

·
Registered
2005 C230 SS
20 Posts
Automatic is my preference, when I want some speed I get on it and when I want to have a nice drive I chill....plus I have both hands free...Love my Automatic transmission!

·
Registered
2004.5 C230 SS
55 Posts
it's really a day to day thing for me, sometimes i'm very grateful for having the automatic cuz i can talk on my cell phone while driving, and eat food, etc. (all the things you're not suppose to do [:I]) but then sometimes i just wish i could row through some gears and enjoy that feeling again, ah well, i'll get another car with manual and have both later on [8D]

·
Registered
05 C230k ss benzo
29 Posts
Had this same conversation with a friend of mine earlier. I just bought my auto 05 ss and it is great off the line till about 80 then it seems as if the kompressor just dies out. My old 99 w202 kompressor was more well rounded than this car in terms of power. Eventually I chipped that car and it was a fling machine. I'm not sure I will be able to achieve this with my 1.8. Don't get me wrong though I love my car, but why would mercedes go to a 1.8 from a 2.3 anyways. A little refinement of that 2.3 liter engine to get the extra torque and 4hp on the w203.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts