Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i live in toronto Canada and i cant find anycompany that makes a turboor supercharger for my 1999 sl600... Please let me know if there is a place in or around Toronto that does this..or a company i can order the parts from

please dont say AMG, Renntech, Brabus

Thanks

·
Registered
1995 sl 500 red/black w/renntech wheels
686 Posts
lucky &^%^&% i got a sl 500 thats a 1995 so i cant do any mods , no turbos or SC for my car . IM F^%&KED but you have a 600sl and your asking for more ?:( waw

·
Registered
1995 sl 500 red/black w/renntech wheels
686 Posts
take your friends cheap car or your wife cheap car or someones cheap car and drive it for one day and have them drive ur sl600 next to you and see how good you will feel to get back in it.just the way it is.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I think it's not easy to do that, there's not a lot of room left in a 600.

I guess if u really want to do it U should also change the hood to create more space...

·
Registered
2009 SL550 Silver Arrow Launch Edition, 2013 Mercedes Benz C300 4Matic
986 Posts
Contact "Tech Tune" in this forum. He's the man when it comes to turbo mods.

·
Registered
92 600 SL (LPG), 94 Subaru Impreza,02 Maserati 4200GT,97 Suzuki TL1000Sv, 02 Yamaha Fazer 1000
562 Posts
There was a post on here not so long ago about a guy with a supercharged 600, somehow they squeezed in a s/c on the left hand side of the block (looking from the front to the back). They must have done something wth the radiator and fans though to get the drive belt to it, and modified the air intakes I guess

·
Registered
SUPERCHARGED Silver Arrow
2,136 Posts
I think the forum members name is typhoon. Alot of us used to inquire about his system, but I dont remember him ever giving us any info about it. All we had gotten outa him was those few pictures he posted and him stating that it was 600HP. But it seemed that was all the information that he was willing to give out.

Hopefully he'll read this thread and give us some more insite, but I doubt it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sl 600

Tech-Tune said:
I think the forum members name is typhoon. Alot of us used to inquire about his system, but I dont remember him ever giving us any info about it. All we had gotten outa him was those few pictures he posted and him stating that it was 600HP. But it seemed that was all the information that he was willing to give out.

Hopefully he'll read this thread and give us some more insite, but I doubt it.
I am rarely on this forum. I bought my car with the Vortech SC already installed. Everything was custom fabricated for it. There are no kits. It takes a lot of money to make this kind of HP for this car. I can't share any info, because I am not a gearhead by any measure. I enjoy fast cars and this car screams. It is all I can share because I know so little about what was done. It has a ton of money in it right now, from the suspension to the motor.

·
Registered
91 500SL (sold), 98 E430, 98 Viper GTS, 2005 FX45
89 Posts
The most obvious solution is to sell your SL600 and buy a SL55. Like typhoontaz stated, you would have to put a huge amount of money into your current car to add forced induction. The end result would be a car that isn't worth anywhere near what you put into it (and arguably worht less than before the mods were done.)

DrDJ

1 - 12 of 12 Posts