Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i own a 2014 CLS 63S 4matic, ive owned it for almost 4 years, but i grew tired of 4matic and i really want to turn it into a rearwheel drive, my question is, are there side effects that are going to “damage or hurt” the car in anyway or is it something thats just going to cost me money to do but wont cost me anything later on, if i shouldn’t do it please do let me know.

and i live in saudi arabia so no i do not have to deal with snow.

·
Registered
Whatever car has the gas in it
1,909 Posts
Why? The AWD 4Matic is what allows a car like that to rocket 0-60 in sub 3.5 seconds. Gives the car grip and better handling in the rain and snow (Not a issue in Saudi Arabia) but still a good thing to have. If you must do this start by removing the transfer case.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why? The AWD 4Matic is what allows a car like that to rocket 0-60 in sub 3.5 seconds. Gives the car grip and better handling in the rain and snow (Not a issue in Saudi Arabia) but still a good thing to have. If you must do this start by removing the transfer case.
I dont really care that much for speed, i’ve had the car for almost 4 years and i got abit bored, if i did turn it into rearwheel drive will it damage the car in any way, are there any side effects or is it safe?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts