Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89' 190e 2.6 / 02' CLK55 AMG
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
not smoked but matched my body color.

I've been lurking around the forum for a little bit now since i purchased this car for cosmetic ideas. Have some questions:

Where are you guys purchasing black grills if so where? Or are you just painting them black? Dechrome dip/sand/body spray/clearcoat? (plan to paint grill and rear badges)

Same paint safe for the plastic on the bumper markers?

Thats all, lovin the car in process of painting calipers red. Lookin out for a new front lip.

·
Registered
2002 clk430
91 Posts
I painted mine to lazy to start a new thread over here hope this won't be a problem I will link you to a thread I started on another forum with my paint work that I did. I also smoked my lights but if you want when you get somebody to paint your grille they can body match your lights. I'm in the process of blackin out my 19" wheel hopefully I'll have that done soon.

New to the forum and my four week old clk is getting a fresh look - MBWorld.org Forums

·
Registered
w208
1,462 Posts
not smoked but matched my body color.

I've been lurking around the forum for a little bit now since i purchased this car for cosmetic ideas. Have some questions:

Where are you guys purchasing black grills if so where? Or are you just painting them black? Dechrome dip/sand/body spray/clearcoat? (plan to paint grill and rear badges)

Same paint safe for the plastic on the bumper markers?

Thats all, lovin the car in process of painting calipers red. Lookin out for a new front lip.

u basically got it down for the painting....

ur not gunna find an addon lip for the 430 AMG bumper tho

·
Registered
89' 190e 2.6 / 02' CLK55 AMG
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
i really like your front bumper, goes really well with the amg skirts. Im really sold on that front kit, but i dont plan to purchase till end of summer so still lookin.

Any tips on prep for painting the grill.
I painted the grill on my 190e after a year needed a repaint.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts