Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont want an exhaust or any serious mods on my 300D...but i would really love if the turbo was louder. I guess its the wastegate? The whistle when te turbo spools up. How can I make that louder?;)

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
I dont want an exhaust or any serious mods on my 300D...but i would really love if the turbo was louder. I guess its the wastegate? The whistle when te turbo spools up. How can I make that louder?;)
Install some other type of filter. Cone or otherwise. Not really recommended if longevity is a factor in buying your car.

·
Banned
3,926 Posts
Ditto. A cone filter will make more noise at the expense of filtering ability.

There really isn't an easy way to make it louder. The intake valves are so close to the inlet that the natural aspiration noise of the engine will always overpower the turbo whine.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm ok..I really dont want to hurt the motor or mess with it much. its high miles and runs good..why mess with it ya know? thanks. guess i'll just stick to a good stereo ;)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
haha^^ u guys are real wiseasses!

I only ask because I used to have a big turbo VW 1.8T, and i loved the sound of that turbo!
I dont even care to much about the BOV or wastegate, I just want to hear that baby spool up. That whistle is just amazing! I guess it is what it is though, and its not worth it. I dont want to change to mcuh around on a car that runs so great. If it aint broke

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
haha^^ u guys are real wiseasses!

I only ask because I used to have a big turbo VW 1.8T, and i loved the sound of that turbo!
I dont even care to much about the BOV or wastegate, I just want to hear that baby spool up. That whistle is just amazing! I guess it is what it is though, and its not worth it. I dont want to change to mcuh around on a car that runs so great. If it aint broke
Whats a big tubo on a 1.8? Cant be all that big :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
my jetta was nice as hell..KONI coilovers, BBS LMS,front mount, chip,3 inch GHL exhaust...done real nice and clean. No bodykits or any of that BS. anywho....i my buy another little turbo car to fool around with

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Get an identical turbo to the one I have on my GMC 2500 6.5 diesel If you can handle the boost 0_0 HAH

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
I have a decent sized HX35W in my Ram. It can be heard when the throttle is mashed but tops out at 18psi....it's weak at stock.....but has capabilities for much much more :D

·
Registered
575 Posts
i had a 07 ram 2500 diesel turbo (long bed). I liked the sound of a semi truck but the speed of... well i dont know but it was fast enough. everyone got out of my way on the highway.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
The later HY35 would spool much better.
Agreeably the HX35 doesn't spool that fast. It takes somwhere on the order of 2 seconds to go from 3psi to 18psi with the TC locked in 4th.

I want an ATS Aurora 3000/5000 compound but we'll have to see how things go this year.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts