Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
300GD 5 dr 1987, W126 420SE, W126 560SE
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We call it parcel shelf...
Anyway; having fitted my shelf with its sun blind I find the hatches are a bit warped curling upward at the edges.
It came out of a parter car that had a damp trunk, so I am presuming this mixed with sun has caused it...
Has anyone done anything to these?
I have seen some cars with a boxier lid, are these just SEC or do they adapt to saloons?

·
SuperModerator
1986/1990 W126
14,142 Posts
Yep, dampness does this. I over cleaned one once and it did the same, nothing fixed it.
I'm pretty sure the SEC shelf has been fitted to saloons before so it must be possible.

·
Premium Member
2012 CL550 4MATIC Coupe
9,992 Posts
The SEC and SEL parcel shelves are different. The SEC doors are raised and meet in the center, and the SEL doors are flush. I have both and they look very different and I do not believe they are interchangeable.

The SEC boxes are easy to recover and can be exchanged I believe with replacements.

If you need replacements, either myself or ElRojo and snag you a set of spares, and you can have them recovered. I had mine recovered when I did my first rebuild.

·
Premium Member
300GD 5 dr 1987, W126 420SE, W126 560SE
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Mike, I only have the flush ones though as I have the SE
I like the SEC style boxes and thought maybe I could get rid of my curled up ones and adapt the SEC ones to fit but not to worry I will try and flatten them out somehow

·
SuperModerator
1986/1990 W126
14,142 Posts
I prefer the SEC ones too. But I'm sure they've been fitted to saloons, I've seen one among the threads somewhere. If I find it I'll post it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts