Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1986 560sec
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah i was just curious to see if anyone else had this kind of luck with their cars? here's the story my air conditioning didn't work at least when it was on it would only blow out of the defrost vents and was nothing but hot air. it was a cold morning and i turned on my ac assuming it would be hot as it always had been. Instead it starts blowing cold air at me! granted the engine was cold i rolled the climate control to hot and it got hot thinking still it was just warming up i rolled it back to cold for the ultimate test and low and behold it was blowing cold air again, this was about three weeks ago and my AC has worked like a charm since. I would just like to know two things is there an explanation for this and also has this happened to anyone else? Thanks for your time and input.

P.s. when i first got the car it had a really bad rough idle,i replaced spark plugs and distributor and rotor to no avail, and about 5 months ago (i've had it a little less than a year) it just cleared up. Can someone explain this one either?

Jared

·
Registered
1991 350SDL 2004 G500
528 Posts
Similar things have happened to me as well. At one point I was having trouble with the key getting stuck in the drivers door every time I locked or unlocked it. Then one day, it was fine. The same thing happened with my rear interior light. It stopped working and I thought that the switch had gone and then one day I hit it and it came on. Strange.....maybe each mb comes with a good little gremlin.[:)]

·
Registered
1984 280SEL AMG
701 Posts
That's ODD, realy.. Your A/C compressor prolly didn't have a good connection maybe, and from driving it around maybe hit a slight bump the night before you parked it. Then in the morning the connection was made and it worked... I'd still have it checked out by a mechanic, or it go on the fritz again on you.
The rear light in the other car, may be a bad bulb, it's been knowen to happen if the filament tuches and you apply power, the filament will re-fuse. Thus making the light work again. OOOR you had a bad ground somwhere in the light switch/light fixture and same thing happened, hit a bump it made connection and it worked.. Check the bulb and light fixture, check the switch for any loose wires...

And your ruff idle problem was prolly from your car sitting for a bit, and from you driving it around cleared out all the junk pluggin up the works.

Tho, if they are GOOD gremlens in your car.. ASK THEM TO FIND MINE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!![:D]

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
deathrattle - 4/27/2005 6:49 AM

...i'm sure you will agree $100 per hour is very reasonable...
Wow, DR charges almost as much as the stealer…[:0]

No, not my 126 (I wish…); but my 123 keeps self healing – last week a non-operational driver’s window started working again. [^]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts