Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1995 MB S500 Sedan
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for replacing a window regulator. Left rear one went bad...and when I dropped the car off this morning I asked for an estimate and they said, well we have to take a look. So I just got a call...they want $430.
He said the part is $139 and the rest must be labor. So I call another dealer and the guy says it's a $290 job at their dealership. So I call back my dealer, tell him I'm pissed and why...he says hold on. He gets back on and says now he can do it for $320. I let him do it because the car was there and the door was apart. After 10 years of service and probably $10,000 spent at that dealership...that's the last time I'll ever go there. [:(!]

Mike

·
Registered
81 Posts
If I remember right, the early W140s had a defective regulator that MB replaced for free.
My dealer did mine somewhere in the 1993-1995 year range for free.
Perhaps you should call the MB rep to replace them for free.
Just a chance..if the problem was something else other than the factory defective problem, he might not.

·
Registered
81 Posts
My dealer somewhere in 1994-95 replaced all my regulators even though they were all working fine, because there was a MB bulletin saying that the early W140s had a problem with them.

·
Registered
1995 MB S500 Sedan
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's interesting. Unfortunately, my car is 10 years old and with 63k miles...so anything at this point is my $ to fix. I just picked up the car and they were all lovey-dovey...even washed it for me. Like kids who got caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

Mike

·
Registered
92 500SEL to 01 E320T current 2014 lexus LS460
3,886 Posts
They should have waxed the car, I had mine done 2 years ago $114 labor, $90 for the regulator, and $2 for five rivets. $218 including a loaner car!

·
Registered
1995 MB S500 Sedan
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HeartMD: Do you know what the Mercedes contact number would be for me to look into that? Thanks.

Mike

·
Registered
92 500SEL to 01 E320T current 2014 lexus LS460
3,886 Posts
If there was a recall it would have triggered when you took your car in for service, It is almost 10 years old. They replaced one of mine under warranty, but that was years ago

1 - 8 of 8 Posts