2,332 Posts
Very nice ! I do like the looks of the ragtop![:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Smokie

·
Registered
E320 Cabriolet
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you every one. It's only taken me 12 years to be able to afford one. The new price here was A$198500.00 plus extras and government taxes. There was only 125 Cabriolet's distributed by Benz Australia over the years '93-'96.I"ve written to Germany to try to find out how many Cabriolet's were produced, but so far no reply. Also there was a story of a twin turbo E320ce coupe produced by the aftermarket industry. Does anyone know about it? It sounds facinating

·
Registered
350SLC, 500SLC, 300TE, 190E2.3 Sportline
690 Posts
Welcome to the forum fellow Aussie! Love the car. Malachite with cream was one of my favourite colour schemes for a 124 with nice wheels to set it off. If there was one thing I would like different on my 300TE it would be that colour scheme (actually for my '90 model it would have been the similar pine green). It really suits the wagons. My father's '93 E320 coupe looks good in blue with cream but I think I like the green even better.

I see yours has New South Wales plates. Where in NSW are you located? Now that you have the car have you considered joining the club so you can get the most enjoyment from it? Check the club website at www.mbcnsw.org.au or contact me if you want to know more. I am the club's registrar for the 124, 201 and 107 series cars as well as technical officer, tool pool supervisor and vice-president. Would love to see your car along at some club events.

Enjoy the car,
Greg

·
Registered
E320 Coupe
209 Posts
sweet sweet sweet.... I wanted one of these, but I got tired of saving. would've had to wait another year or two, and I had already waited for a while to save for the car. very very nice. it's so elegant and sporty at the same time. it's on my "get" list. very nice, mate!

·
Registered
E36 AMG 1995
123 Posts
The twin turbo E320 coupe has been mentioned here.
I have a W124 enthusiasts guide that mentions these as being E320 coupes converted by Turbo Technics of Northampton in the UK. One dealership sold 25 !
These cars had 345 bhp !
The conversion cost £7285.

I think the handling may have been a bit frightening in the wet .

·
Registered
2004 SL55 AMG
505 Posts
Congrats! Me too. I bought my 1993 300CE Cabriolet a few weeks ago. Pix are in the gallery.

I assume yours is a 1994, since it says E320 and the wheels look different. Right? Otherwise identical models, except color scheme.

M-B factory emailed an answer to my question on production and said that 766 300CE CVs were made in 1993, the only year of production. After that, they were E320 CV, of which I believe there are about 6,000. Email to the M-B international web site for exact numbers.
[8D]
Happy Trails,
Dave

1 - 13 of 13 Posts