Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1997 SL500 LE
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, while I was at a STOP sign, a couple walking came up to me and they told me that they had the exact same car as I had. They were from Florida. After all the blah blah blah about what a coincidence it was that we had the same car, they asked me if I was aware that it was from a limited edition series called the "Roadster 40th Anniversary." They said the color was called Crimson Metallic. When I expressed some amazement, they told me that they even had the original floor mats which had those words on them, "Roadster 40th Anniversary." At this point, we were causing somewhat of an obstacle in the intersection, so I gave them my email and asked for a photo of the floormats, and NOW they have even emailed me the photos of the floor mats, and they are completely awesome. I am so jealous I could die. I am wondering if anyone has information about this series--like how many were produced and so forth, and what were the special items besides the floor mats that were offered. If anybody would like to see the floor mats, just PM me and I will send you one of the pictures they sent me. The car is exactly like mine (i.e., gorgeous).(i.e., NOT getting the Colgan Nose Bra--No Way. Thanks for the sound advice on that one, Guys)

·
Registered
2 Posts
RE: I think I have the "Roadster 40th Anniversary" Limited Edition--but what is that???

Hi Brett,

We are the couple that talked to IvoryStar about the 40th Anniversary 500LS. What you said about the car was very interesting, except my car has 17" special wheels not 16". Just thought you might want to know.

Regards, Dick

1 - 2 of 2 Posts