Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 MERCEDES CLK320 C
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i took my car to a local well known shop last week to get my H&R springs installed. He charged me $600 for springs and drop. First off, when i came to pick up my car, it was slammed, looked super nice, but my rear wheel was tucked and my front right under the fender. I asked him why it was so low and he said because he took the spring pads out, he said i didnt really need them anyways because all it does is reduces noise. He told me it looks so much nicer with out them. Second i left his lot and everytime i turned my tires rubed like crazy, i brought it back and he took a huge scred driver and bent my fenders out a little which took care of the problem and said it was a normal mod when lowering cars. Third when im driving i hear a clinging sound in my rear and i called him and he said i have to wait till the springs break in. Does any of this sound right to you guys? He is a liscensed shop. Let me know, thanks
The car does look nice though and i am happy with the ride, my only worry is i just bought the carlsonn kit from auto bltz and my car may be to low to put it on now. thanks
rick

·
Registered
clk
198 Posts
You're right...he screwed it up. The spring pad keep the spring from moving. I bet the noise you here is the spring moving when the car goes up/down or when you hit a bump in the road. Did he damage your paint/fender when he bent it with a screw driver. That sounds bad...[:0] Post a pic of the car so we can see what it look like with all pads removed.

·
Registered
2000 clk 430
56 Posts
first of all, $600 to lower the clk ?? thats nuts, the shop i went to was action tires in nj , they do all the famous celebs and stuff , they only charged me $300 to mount 19in tires , balanced, and install springs and spring pads in my clk , so saying $600 bucks i think you got ripped off. yeah the shop kinda screwed up , you NEED the spring pads to keep the spring from hitting the shocks. if you want low then go with #2 pads in back and #1's in rear, for me i did #3 in rear and #2 in front , i got no problems with rubbing at all , plus i live in nyc . with the screwdriver situation, i would definately not let them touch your car , if you wanted to get your fenders rolled out theres a special machine / tool for that , not just a bat either .

·
Registered
2000 CLK 430 Cab
565 Posts
Pulled your fender out with a large screwdriver!!! Holly @#%& ! Reminds me of an old Midas commercial where they had muffler installing monkeys!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts