Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Always Remembered RIP
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my 230CE Auto over 6 months ago now, but the other day I got a abrupt message from ...

I sold my 230CE Auto over 6 months ago now, but the other day I got a abrupt message from it's new owner complaining about it and asking me to ring him back.
Apparently it often fails to start when cold, keeps cutting out when running at high speeds and is using a litre of oil every 1,000 miles. The central locking has failed and he says it doesnt change gear quickly enough anymore?

The annoying thing is I owned if for 8 years and during that time it never missed a beat, allways started first time (even at 6:00am in winter), and didn't cost me a penny to maintain (except routeen sevicing, tyres etc.). I often drove it hard and it was kept out side. When I sold it it had over 142,000 miles but only a slight rattle from the cam. The engine, as with the rest of the car, was totally clean and never used a drop of oil.

What can make a good Benz bad in so little time?

[:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!]

·
Registered
90 300 SE ,85 300 GD
1,574 Posts
Vacuum Leak?

Rough idle and central locking could be related to a vacuum leak. As far as using oil, maybe he is not reading the dipstick correctly. Is this his first Mercedes? Anyone unfamiliar is apt to find all sorts of strange flaws (?).

·
Registered
1990 560SEL
314 Posts
Mercedes Care.

If this is his first Mercedes, perhaps he doesn't know how to take care of it. Have you seen how he drives, treats, and stores the car? It seems a bit hard to believe all of these problems can come up in a few months.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.