Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
w 209 live in the flesh. it was parked so I had all the time in the world to view midnightblue, avante garde but no model number , has manufacturer plates from NJ ( Im not in NJ). <br> It was supposed to be covered up ..like the others next to it but I guess they were lazy <br> any way let me tell you after seeing it, the love for my 2000 clk was renewed<br> It was UGLY ...... ORDINARY ... period. I tried to appreciate it from many perspectives but I couldnt ... when I was driving by, i saw the front and i knew right away it was not a cl (this comment for those that think the front looks like it big brother cl nice try but ...)<br> any way I would not trade my 2000 even if they did a even swap.... inside is not refined either gagety yes but not refined ...<br> the only chance this car has is for the owner to lower it about 1 inch and add much wider tires then it will be OK<br> my opinion of course but i pride my self in having a broad perspective and it just does not cut it for me ....<br> it will sell though only becasue there are many out there that have to have the latest and greatest ... consider the classic clk gone, my fellow owners ......

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
yes! i agree i hate the new CLK

even tho the new one will sell(as you mentioned) to enthusiasts like us , the w208 will become a classic, the front looks like a C and the whole car like a C sports coupe,but at the same time tries to be a CL, and the convertible will be an SL jus wit to extra seats, even the the SL is 10000 times better

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Agreed! It's like they streteched the little econo coupe

This car is a big disappointment styling-wise.<br> <br> Wow...

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
You know they say the body is 40% moer rigid but.........

think about it, it has to be becauce it is a true hardtop. NO pillar to seperate the windows. They had to make the body stronger but also heavy about 300lbs.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
yes it surely does have some improvements ....

like R&P steering, decreased body roll ( current clk 320 is horrible with this) and so on . <br> but the poor son of a gun is too high (thus my comment about having to lower it)and wimpy looking.<br> oddly enough you would think no c pillar would help in sleekness but it didnt work .... my recent mercedes mag called it the 'eye catcher' . I dont think so ... now the new E class ...that has potential ......

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
UGLY......ORDINARY......<br> <br> 'I hate the new CLK'<br> <br> MB must build a different shape for the USA. I am picking a 320 up in Bremen early August and I can't wait after having driven (and carefully examined)2 demonstraters. Give it a chance.

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Come on !!!

i dont want to start a long thread on this (though I did) as this issue has already been debated , and everyone is entitled to thier opinion . BUT you have got to admitt the new CLK body is VERY generic ... it looks like everything else out there save for the front (a little) it is too high and rounded and stubby in the back . Mercedes is competition with the Japanese cars and it shows originality is not exsistant on this car . .... ok im done .....

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Come on !!!

I think MB made the CLK ugly because everybody preferred it's look the best. Now at least they have something uglier than the M Class

1 - 8 of 8 Posts