Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1990' 560SEL
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The old one looks being there for a long long time. So I decided to replace it. I searched this forum and grabbed a Bosch 13953 from my local Napa store for $43. The Bosch 13953 is for a 90' Mustang 5.0 engine. It has two white color wires and one black wire. The old oxygen sensor has the same colored 3 wires. So I just cut/connected those wires, white to white, black to black. I guessed that there should be no difference between those two white wires and hope I did not mess them up. So far so good...

Attachments

·
Registered
1991 420sel
267 Posts
Allerton--I bought the same Bosch sensor a few weeks ago and will be putting it in next week. How do yoiu get at teh O2 sensor? From below? From the engine compartment? From the left or right sides? Thanks, Charlie

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
underneath, only one pipe on the pass side.. crawl under and it will be evident what's what in about 10 seconds.

Jonathan

·
Registered
1990' 560SEL
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
benzwag said:
Allerton--I bought the same Bosch sensor a few weeks ago and will be putting it in next week. How do yoiu get at teh O2 sensor? From below? From the engine compartment? From the left or right sides? Thanks, Charlie
Yes, from below. the sensor is to the right. You can reach it from left. The space down there is just enough to reach it, the big ground wire before the O2 is a little bother though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts